Tuesday, February 20, 2024

It could be worse, in fact

Something happened at work that has me irrationally angry. Maybe not irrational. My feelings are based on valid emotions and observations. But should I be as mad as I am? 

Yes, I'm big mad about the thing. I can't really write or talk about it because I don't know who reads this. But it ruined my otherwise really good day. 

At about 5 Doug was getting ready to take Toffee for a walk and I was just in the kitchen banging shit around in the guise of making dinner. 

Like. that is going to help right? 

Doug asked me what my deal was, I told him what happened, and he sided with me. A lot of times he'll dismiss my feelings or point out the other side of the situation being right more than I'm right. But tonight, his "what gives [that person] the right to make [that shitty decision to do something]. There should be a committee or consensus on the thing." 

When my husband who usually shrugs the shit out of things or says I'm not really valid in my feels has the "who do they think they are?" stance. Well. 

Anyway. 

He went to walk the dog, and I got dinner in the oven. I took a quick walk in down to the pokemon gym and back. Colder than it looks outside. 

I had cooled down emotionally too. 

My sister called me on the phone, she never calls. We use Facebook to talk to each other on video calls. So I was surprised to get an actual call. I ate dinner and got right back to her. 

Our uncle Jim passed away and she was calling to let me know. 

Our cousins get to go through the buttoning up of life since his wife, their mom, Carole passed away quite a bit ago. 

We chatted for a while and she showed me her crazy out of control new puppy. I showed her mine, sleeping beautifully at my feet. They'll get there. But right now, their puppy is a velociraptor.

I ended up not being mad anymore about work. Or anything. But I am still mad. Just not that mad. 

Anyway, I started a dedicated 10 walk in the house while Doug was out, and got to 5 minutes and got bored. When Doug got back, I ended up going down to the pokegym and didn't linger too long out there, it was cold. 

Oh, and the daffodils are popping up in our yard. In February. Digits below. 


digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. Dedicated 10+ to the pokegym. 6k steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9am: 177
4:30pm: 128
10pm: 131

food:

coffee, water
12:30: bowl of chicken salad; metformin
1pm: another bowl of chicken salad
6:30: bowl of rotini w/sausage and mushrooms and sauce, melted mozzarella
vodka tonic
7:45pm: ramekin of mixed nuts; metformin+jardiance

No comments:

Post a Comment