Monday, October 31, 2022

Happy Howl-o-ween

When we adopted Phineas, his mom said they didn't know his birthday because he was part of a group of puppies who were rescued together. So they estimated his birthdate as the end of October. B and her partner decided they'd just say it was halloween. 

So today's his birthday, observed. Happy birthday Phinster! 

He doesn't seem to care or notice. We're not the kind of family that sticks hats on pets (or halloween costumes, tried that once or twice but it just was not successful or fun). He's snoring his ass off next to me while I'm typing this. 

I didn't dress up for halloween for work, but I did wear a shirt I get to wear once a year, Carrie sent me this a while back and when people ask what I'm dressed up as I say "I'm a nice person for halloween." And, you know, I'm a nice person as often as I can be. 

We didn't have a lot of halloweeners this year - maybe 20. More than we had in Massachusetts regularly. But nowhere near as many as we'd anticipated (or bought candy for!) It was pouring at one point, and then it would let out and people would show up wonderfully. So we did get some good Halloweeners come visit.

A couple boys showed up together, one dressed as an astronaut and one a dinosaur. I asked them "how would an astronaut and a dinosaur be together on the same timeline? Tell me the story of how this happened?" 

The dinosaur said "Well, once upon a time..." and he launched into a tale of how the astronaut was sent to space and back in time. He found dinosaurs, and they talked, and he made friends with them. 

I said "and this was before the meteor came and hit the earth, and killed all the dinosaurs. 

They both said yes, that was true. So the astronaut saved the dinosaur, and they got in the spaceship to come back to our time. And the astronaut was given 20 million dollars for all the good work that he did to bring dinosaurs to our time. 

I told them to take all the candy they wanted for telling me such a wonderful story. 

Digits, below.

digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+1. Fit in an inside the house stroll while trick or treaters came.

blood glucose:
9am: 166
5pm: 172
9:30pm: 218 (all my own fault)

food:
coffee, water
9:30am: low carb wrap w/ low sugar pb & jelly
noon: metformin
noon thirty: 2 eggs, scrambled with shredded cheese and 2 sausage patties, salsa
3pm: ding dong; 1 m&ms "fun size" halloween candy
4:30pm 1/2 a beer (the rest went in the chili) 
6pm: chili and beer
through the evening - a lot of halloween candy, 2 more beers. 
10pm: ramekin of mixed nuts (no dried fruits)

No comments:

Post a Comment