Sunday, March 05, 2023

A Day Of Chikn Nuggit and Beers

 

Today was the birthday party for my dear friend Henry. He is 8. His favorite thing is a youtube show called Chikn Nuggit, so the theme for the party was .... Chikn Nuggit

Sara's friend Erin hosted the party and there were a million friends there. It was a little overwhelming for me, and I got there much later than intended, but all told the time I spent there was lovely. 

For his birthday I got him a card that I added his cousin's favorite dog joke ("What's a dog's favorite swear word? FARK!") and because he likes snacks, I got him a box of 48 Doritos related snacks. 

It hearkens back to our Maine trip when I told him I had snacks right when I got in the car,  and he was all about the Doritos.  

Snacks is a funny thing for our group of friends. Whenever our Guster crew travels, we always reference the gif of a little girl who yells SNAAACKS!" This is kind of famous, and we do her voice, when we're all about snacks and snack time. SNAAAAACKS

This is a big part of the friendship circle. If you yell SNAACKS like this little girl people know to feed you. Immediately.


I left the party around 3 something, and headed home to get Doug. We had a date to go to Atlas Brew Works for the plant swap. We got there much later than intended and missed the entire plant swap, but, we had beers and talked to Lyn, and met some really good dogs. Such good dogs.  I mean, what a joy to sit and drink beer and pat other people's dogs. 

We had a super busy and fun day. Doug is exhausted. This was the first time he has stepped out into the world since jury duty, when he caught the covid, and he was/is drained. I am proud of him for going out. 

Here are some pictures from today. Snaaaacks!


digits

exercise: 11/12 steps (missed 11am because I was playing a game and did not pay attention). 

blood glucose:
9am: 177
6pm: 191
9:30pm: 194

food:
coffee, water
11am: egg mcmuffin homestyle, w/1 egg, 2 slices of cheese, 2 sausage patties, 1 647 brand english muffin (low carb).  metformin
2:30pm: a bunch of chicken nuggets (wendy's) from Henry's birthday party
4pm: 2 beers at Atlas
6:30pm: 5 pieces of crown chicken, scoop of mac & cheese, some coleslaw, a couple french fries. 2 beers takeaway from atlas
8pm: slices of edam cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment