Friday, March 31, 2023

Huntington I am in you

This morning, I woke up around 7 and fed the dog, and went back to bed. The joy of a vacation day. I finished laundry, read emails, I got pokey and dicked around before finally getting myself out the door to go to Target for some snacks for the trip, and get a haircut at my favorite spot. 

I went to my favorite girl, and we had quite the chat and catch up. I hadn't been to see her since May 2022. The last haircut I got was on vacation in August and that was in Massachusetts, so I was overdue. She did my bangs right but overall, it is kind of too short, I'm slightly disappointed, but, it's hair, it grows. I'll be fine. I'm sure I'll like it when I can style it the way I want. 

Sara and Sean got me at about 5:30 and we made pretty great time. Even with a goodly long-ish stop to eat we got to the hotel at 11:15. Sara was terrified to drive through NYC, but I told her she didn't have to.  She would just have to drive on the George Washington Bridge. She basically bricked, which was funny, but I patiently guided her to 95 North, 95 North, you got this, keep right, shift left... you got this. I'm incredibly proud of her because I know how very very much I hate driving that road. 

The hotel is amazing. Downtown Huntington never had a hotel, for a million years. You'd have to stay down 110 towards the LIE. But now there is a wonderful and beautiful hotel in what used to be Town Hall. Fully Restored, Gorgeous. And I'm so excited to walk out the front door tomorrow and go look around my hometown.

My room is huge. Linda was going to stay here with me tonight but opted to stay home. I'm alone, in peace, and quiet at 1:30am, very much looking forward to fun and shenanigans tomorrow.  

Oh yeah, and Guster. That too.

I should get some sleep. Or something. So we can do fun and wonderful things on Friday. Look out, Huntington. Here we come. 







digits

exercise: 6/12 hours of 250 steps; missed 1pm getting my haircut. Sat in a car. Not sure of Dedicated 10 but I spent a lot of time walking around Target and the mall go get to the haircutting place.

blood glucose:
9am: 183
5pm:  205
11:30pm:  183

food:
coffee, water
11am: some roast beef slices
11:30: Metformin
2:15pm: 2 good yogurt, meyer lemon; apple slices w/peanut butter
7pm: Wendy's - dave's double, skipped the top of the bun. 10 chicken nuggets; metformin+jardiance
Car snacks: some mixed nuts & baby bells
12:30am: soft taco w/ground beef from Taco Bell
wine & zero sugar ginger ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment