Friday, March 03, 2023

Going on Tour with Guster

Seeing as it is March, I am starting to think about getting ready to go on my trips. 

Wednesday March 22nd Linz and I fly to Florida and then home on Sunday the 26th. Linda wanted to stay longer but I was feeling guilty about taking the time, and now I'm not even sure if I'll have a job but, oh well. Non-refundable tickets! We will see Guster twice, Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale, and we'll stay a couple days with my friends M&J and have a lovely time. I can't wait. 

The following weekend is Huntington NY. Right now, I think the plan is to drive up there with Sara, Sean & Henry. Stay in Huntington on Wednesday? Run rampant through town on Thursday and Friday. The show is Friday night, come home Sunday. Linda booked us a hotel in downtown Huntington, hopefully we'll have a ton of fun. 

And then the weekend after that is Philadelphia. Similar plan, but we'd go up Thursday night, have the day to ourselves in Philly Friday, see the show Friday night. Doug was thinking of going with me so if that happens we'd drive up together. If not, I'll go with Sara.  

I'll be working three short weeks, which is nice, except for if my important colleagues are let go. And that'll be exceptionally sad and annoying. 

Guster announced two shows with the Boston Pops, and that's usually the week we (Doug and I) do something for our anniversary. I'm not sure he wants to go to Boston. Linda and I have been talking about going to my parents' to do some banking and doctor things with them. We'd have to be there during the week, so, in theory? We could go to Boston symphony shows, then to my parents. 

Memorial day and our anniversary are the week prior - so that would probably be a week that we'd plan on going away. In theory, I could do that, for that whole first week, go wherever Doug wants a trip, and then go back north to Boston, do the shows, see my folks. I don't know.

Oh, and then they also announced they're taking over Maine again the weekend of August 11-13 in Portland. Linda is already looking at hotels.  

If I get laid off, part of me is all "Let's just go everywhere and see Guster." 
But also "oh shit I have no money." 

Anyway. A long day. About to enjoy a weekend where maybe Doug feels well enough to do something with me! No picture. I'm boring. Sorry. 





digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+3; 12/12 of 250 steps.

blood glucose:
8:45am: 195
5:30pm: 177
10pm: 165

food:
coffee, water
11am: small bowl of left over beef stroganoff (no noodles involved)
12:00: substantial container of mac & cheese w/ ground beef and salsa. metformin
2:30pm: apple w/Peanut butter
6:30pm: cheesesteak filling. metformin+jardiance
7:30pm: ramekin of mixed nuts
9:15: pb&j sammitch on 647 bread

No comments:

Post a Comment