Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Home Alone and Back at It

Linda left around noon. I kind of wanted her to stay until tomorrow and then leave, with me going with.

I'm going up north with Sara et al on Thursday but I would have preferred to go with Linda for some more Linda time. 

Going today wouldn't be an option because Phin would be all alone tomorrow, in his kennel, for like... 9 hours. So. Wednesdays are a bad day for the poor bean if I were to leave today.

She has to be up there by tonight so she can do something for her office in person for tomorrow. If I went with her, I'd have to stay at a hotel, too. Not that I'm opposed to it. She doesn't have room for guests right now, so I'd have her dump me at a hotel, I'd get some Marriott points somewhere (heh) and then go to the hotel we are staying at on Thursday to check in. 

I could work from hotel just like I am working from here. 

We're still on the original plan, Sara et al on Thursday afternoon. Initially Sara told me Thursday morning, but, now it is "after work" and I asked her "How long after work? Do you mean.. .5pm? or 8pm? Because if it is 8pm I'll take the train. It's farther than you think when driving."  

She says close to 5 but I'm groaning a little I hate getting anywhere too late. I wanted to be up there between noon and 5. I also wanted to get up there with time to have some fun, but it may be straight to bed to be honest.


I took the day off for Thursday thinking we'd be traveling, but. I may as well work. Or not. Whatever. Maybe I'll keep my vacation day. I'm not sure just yet what I want to do.

Anyway. Not much else to report. Just another workday of boring life, back here at the house. Thankful for another short week. Thankful for a job, to be honest. Even if I'm not overjoyed with things. 

Photo here is from my friend Ang, from the Guster group. The final night of their run in Florida, they decided to nod to some Florida politicians and people who don't like drag. On Twitter people are like "that's not drag that's just an asshole in a dress," and it just makes me laugh because I think of Milton Berle, Monty Python.... Assholes in Dresses. 

And here's another one. My hero Ryan. 

Digits below.



digits

exercise: 11/12 hours 250 steps ... somehow lost the noon hour because I was chatting with a friend on Slack. Dedicated 10+2 pokemon walk.

blood glucose:
8 am: 205
5pm: 171
9:30pm: 178

food:
coffee, water
8:15am: Protein shake
11am: 2 toll house cookies (baked to send home with linda!)
11:30am: Metformin
12:30pm: the rest of the chicken salad (probably a cup and a half)
2:45pm: thin piece of bbq chicken left over from last week
4:30pm: 2 toll house cookies
7pm: chicken parm

white wine

No comments:

Post a Comment