Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Waiting for the Wenanigans

My work bestie and I have been watching the Penguin Cam at the Maryland Zoo. We decided that we're only going to watch the penguin cam from now on. I said that I feel like we're the penguins. People pushed us out in the morning, and now we're standing by the heat lamp there waiting for fish. We're not even excited enough about it being daytime to go jump in the water and frolic around our enclosure. 

We're just standing here, waiting for little fishes to be thrown at our faces. 

Anyway. 

I didn't get everything done that I wanted to do yesterday, but got a goodly amount done and could jump into getting more things done, so that feels good. This morning I got the trash out that Geoff forgot to put out after he got home from classes, albeit I didn't notice last night and I'm not mad, it was late. Mondays are like that. And miraculously, I was up before the trash dudes came.

I pulled the dog dish and recycling and trash barrel out of their positions, and I cleaned the floor, the wall, everything around those spots. 

The bed is made up in the guest room, I washed the fleece blanket because it had Quite A Bit Of Phineas on it and I thought my sister might appreciate a little less dog hair, even if she has a husky. 

The bath mat for our bathroom and Geoff's are both in the dryer, coming out fresh and clean. Bathroom is clean. Well I didn't scrub the shower, but, the floor, the sink, all around the toilet.

Laundry is literally all done. There isn't a single piece of dirty clothing save for what is on our bodies. 

Banana bread was baked, I wanted to make a shit ton of cookies but when you have a cup and a half of flour left, well, you just make banana bread and live with it. My house smells fresh and clean and baked.

Geoff went to the market, got something for dinner for tonight and a few things for him and Doug over the next few days. I made baked ziti, ate pasta even though I should have had something else but. Eh.

Doug went to his office so today I got to vacuum! Honest to God I should do this more than once a month. 

Boarding passes are printed, hotel is checked into. 

Linz got here too late to go get pedicures, so we'll be looking into that upon landing. Oh. And I've put off a haircut long enough, what's another couple days. It looks kind of cute right now. 

Feeling rather prepared, I must say. 

Our title today comes from the shirt I wore the other day. I made a pointed effort to be pronoun inclusive with "shenanigans" "theynanigans" "henanigans" and my sister pointed out I forgot about WEnanigans, which we're about to partake in. Hell yes. Wenanigans. 

Also, here's my picture. Sir. Excuse me, sir... You are not a penguin. (This is the kind of nonsense getting us through the day amongst my work pals). 

digits

exercise: 12/12 of 250 steps;  no dedicated 10 but about 7k of steps just in the house, cleaning, working, futzing, panicking.

blood glucose:
8:15am: 171
4:30pm: 180
9:30pm: 220

food:
coffee, water
10am: bowl of chicken salad 
11am: Metformin
2pm: piece of banana bread
6pm: metformin+jardiance
7pm: bowl of baked ziti w/meat sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment