Thursday, March 02, 2023

Early to Late

I was up this morning before 7am.

For me, this is early.  Phin needed to go out at 6:30, and he's fast asleep again but I sometimes can't fall back. So, I got up. 

I didn't want to start working, I was too groggy to read, I played my games that I play on the phone and am out of lives. 

If I didn't have a 1:1 meeting with my manager, I would probably have called out sick. 

Lately, I can't fall asleep at night, I can't fall asleep after I wake up in the wee hours (wee meaning small, wee meaning go to the bathroom). And I can't fall back asleep when I know I could really get 2 more hours of rest. 

I go to sleep thinking about getting laid off. I wake up and the first thing I think of is people on my team getting let go. I lay in bed, wondering what this time next month is going to look like. 

This is unpleasant. I want to just be que sera sera and walk around singing like Doris Day. But I can't. 

The good news is that Doug seems to be Covid-free, slightly less grouchy and more regular Doug grouchy. He managed to go for a walk today, and even though a short one, getting outside and moving about is a nice sign. 

I did my steps in the house, the goal is a minimum of 5k steps. I hit it at 9:45pm. Doug had gone to bed, took Phin with him. I thought about a walk but don't feel like it. It's actually very cold right now. 

The only thing that would entice me into going out at this hour would be to see Venus and Jupiter. But even then. I'm all set tonight, I think. 

Geoff just came up to watch TV. I am going to fold it all in here for the night. No picture - just a post. 




digits:

exercise: 11/12 of 250 steps in an hour. failed the 4pm by about 3 steps! But I made up for it being up early - if I was tracking 7 and 8am, it would have been. 

blood glucose
8am: 202
5pm: 165
9:30pm: 195

food:
coffee, water
8am: protein shake
11am: 3 slices of turkey sandwich meat
11:30am: some pizza cheese from geoff's pizza bagels
12 noon: Metformin
12:45: More pizza cheese (on top of meat sauce, like pizza, without bread) Why haven't I done this sooner!
6:30pm: beef stroganoff over a lil bit of egg noodles (ground beef, onion, mushrooms, roux/beef stock gravy sauce w/sour cream. 2nd bowl with no noodles. 
7pm: Metformin+jardiance

2 beers 🍺🍺

No comments:

Post a Comment