Sunday, March 12, 2023

Happy Third Pandemiversary, Everyone!

 It's kind of a gloomy and cold day out there today. So disappointing. Doug said the other day that he loves living somewhere that March is not a winter month. But. It kind of is a winter month lately. Just without the snow. I've been feeling the cold, not just a "this is cold because I'm in the south and used to the south now" cold. It's bloody cold.

The first March we lived here, I think that's when C came to visit, she went for a run and had to come back because it was so hot out. She'd come down from very cold New England, it wasn't a good transition temperature wise to go running out in that. 

This time in 2020 I was on the porch having a beer.  See below. 

March is weird. 

I just posted a patio furniture update, and I'm feeling ready and restless and kind of want to get out there and get things ready. But holy cow it is cold. 

Not much else to report today I guess. After wallowing in my sadness over the dumb results of my bloodwork we'll be back on the wagon and eating right and not devouring a sleeve of girl scout cookies. There are three boxes of my favorites sitting on the coffee table right now, and I'm in full resistance mode. In fact, full disinterested-ness mode. I just don't care to want them.

I will say, a friend of mine sent me a picture from us at a Guster show in 2019. I look to be about 11 to 13 months pregnant. I'm probably 30-40 pounds heavier here. 

So while my blood test results may feel disheartening, I can look at this photo and know that progress is being made. Slow and steady. Progress. 


 Our Central Park crew, Left to right: Ginger, Liz (jess' roommate) Jason (Ginger's son), Spicy V, Jess, Linda (I love that they're holding hands!) and me. 

I know for a fact if I put those pants on today, they fall right to the floor. 

Anyway.

Below, a picture of me on the Friday of the week when we got sent home in 2020. I recall it well. Our office had a group of ne'er do wells who would gather on Fridays at 4:30pm. We were all sent home on Thursday, March 11th, so we didn't get our Friday group together. One of the devs put together a google meet so we could still toast one another. Wed did that for a long time, and it stopped along the way. I slacked him this afternoon to suggest we do it again this Friday, since Monday next week is when we start to find out who is being laid off. He fully agreed and is going to pull it together.

We stopped doing that, but this was the first one. In March, which isn't a winter month. Sometimes. T-shirt, bare feet, star magnolia in full bloom, thunderstorm in the distance. Cheers. 


digits:

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps. Missed 9am because I slept in. dedicated 10. trying to take extra steps during each hour. didn't do well with that today but it's a goal.

blood glucose
10am: 182
5pm: 170
10pm: 173

food:
coffee, water
12 noon: metformin; protein shake
2pm: apple
3pm: 2 girl scout peanut butter cookies
5:30pm: Pizza cheese toasted with some pepperoni & mushroom
7pm: Metformin+jardiance

No comments:

Post a Comment