Friday, March 10, 2023

Patty O'Furniture in my Party McYard

Seeing as St. Patrick's day is looming, the title hearkens back to a bad joke. 

Q: What do the Irish like to sit on outside?
A: Patty O'Furniture

Of course. Ha. I laugh. 

For years I've wanted a patio set for the yard. Just .... a place to hang out, eat food, etc. 

Doug had thought he'd get the set his mom has on her breezeway/covered patio at House #1, but I pointed out to him it's Redwood, it's like 40+ years old, and in perfect condition. Out here in our yard, the patio is uncovered, and the weather would just wreck it in 2 years. I'd hate to see that. Absolutely hate it. At the last house, it would have been perfect inside the 3 season porch that I tried to make the Party Porch. Here, not so much.

Doug's not a real fan of patio furniture, he's more of an Adirondack chairs, or camping chairs, around the camp fire with small tables in between kind of guy. I like that too, but I have some more specific wants and needs. 

I want to sit outside and eat. At a table. Not hold my plate in my hands, or rest it on my fat belly because I'm a beached whale when I'm in an Adirondack chair. I feel like my arms and legs are flailing about, I slide backward, I look like a manatee and need someone to rescue me if I need to get up for a beer or to go to the bathroom. 

At a patio table, you can sit and eat and all that. You can sit and work at it too. In the last house I had the big table in the screened in porch, 2 monitors, my laptop, a fan for when it was so hot it was the worst, my very first houseplant (a spider plant named Pete, or something) strings of big clear lights to brighten the place up in the evening. I was a party of one back there. 

I won't be able to quite do that, since it is out in the open, but you better believe, I'll be happy to do it to the extent that I can. 

On Nextdoor recently, I saw a guy selling his patio table and six chairs. Six. Wow. Everything but the umbrella and stand. I can live with that. I can figure something out. It gets shady back there when the leaves come in on the trees. I reached out to him, no one was interested yet, so I said "put me down for it, I'll be there this weekend." 

He asked if we could come today, but now it's pouring so he messaged me to say "yeah, tomorrow, the original plan is better, I'm sorry for being an idiot." So tomorrow at this time, I'll have patio furniture.

In time for St. Patrick's Day. HA! even better.

So instead of going to get the patio furniture, I ran over to my doctor's office to get blood drawn. When I was there two weeks ago, they missed the Lipid panel (ie: triglycerides) and my A1c. Hoping for that lower number than my last visit in October. Cross your fingers. 

No picture today, I'd planned a patio set photo but. That'll wait until tomorrow. 





digits:

exercise: 12/12 hours 250 steps. Dedicated 10, solid, after dinner while doug was napping.

blood glucose:
9am: 180
4:30pm: 171
9:30pm: 175

food:
coffee, water
10am: small ramekin of mac & cheese w/bacon
12:15: metformin
12:30: spicy chicken salad (left over fajita chicken w/red peppers and onions, cream cheese, mayo) on a small carb balance wrap
6pm: metformin+jaridance
6:30pm: big bowl of chili with ground beef, beans, sour cream, shredded cheese, some fritos. White wine.
9:45pm: peanut butter on whole wheat 647 bread

No comments:

Post a Comment