Monday, March 20, 2023

Better Steward of Time

 I should be vacuuming. Or doing steps. Doug is out for a walk. Cauliflower is in the oven. I'm going to start the grill up in about 15 minutes. Should be getting stuff done while I have the time. 

Today is nice enough out to grill. Finally not 20 degrees. It has been not just cold but windy. So I've opted for cauliflower roasted with paprika, garlic, black pepper, and chicken breasts in bbq sauce and the three chicken breasts will go quickly on the grill. 

I've been distracted all day, so I got the makings out for banana bread but haven't whipped it all together. I'll do that after dinner. Maybe. I also want to bake cookies. Maybe. I just am a bundle of nerves. 

We thought we'd learn today about layoffs but it won't be until Wednesday. I told my boss since I'm on vacation, I'll take my laptop, and I'll make time for him if we need to talk. 

There was cleaning that did take place today. It wasn't all a loss. I used the swiffer under the tables, and got things ready to be vacuumed but I guess now I'll save it until Doug is at work tomorrow.

Linda should arrive sometime tomorrow afternoon, so the guest room is ready for her. I thought she'd get here tonight, so I got it all set up for her. So that was a success.

I cleaned the areas in the kitchen that were extra gross. By the back door, where the dog dishes are, where the recycling sits. I got down on my ass, spray cleaner and scrubbing. Got a lot done. The rest of the kitchen could/should be mopped. I can maybe do that tomorrow. 

The other thing I wanted to do was for myself, haircut, pedicure, maybe new shorts/pants/something. But in addition to all the things going on with work, I didn't end up leaving the house to go out to do things. Maybe tomorrow? I mean, my feet will thank me. My hair will thank me. My boss is out tomorrow, but maybe I'll ... go. Just go. Go to the mall. Get the pedi. Get the haircut and come home. 

I dunno. I need to be a better steward of time maybe.

I also can't find my favorite travel bag so I'm annoyed. Anyway. 

No picture today. But a lot to come over the next week.


digits

exercise: x/12 hours of 250 steps;

blood glucose:
8:15am: 170
5pm: 156
10pm: 192

food:
coffee, water
11:45am: big bowl of chicken salad (walnuts+red grapes, mayo+cream cheese); metformin
6pm: beer
6:30: piece of bbq chicken and spicy cauliflower.
7:30: ramekin mixed nuts
8:30pm/9pm: a couple beers






No comments:

Post a Comment