Friday, June 07, 2024

A birthday thing

This morning Sara texted me and said "by any chance, do you have plans tonight?" 

The answer was no, I do not. But what's up? She will sometimes text me if she has tickets to something and her husband has changed his mind about going. Tonight, it's her birthday. 

And her son made up the Birthday Plan. 

Now, I'm not into escape rooms. They are. They love them. And at age 8, Henry is already smarter than me and would basically carry me through all the puzzles we would encounter. I get frustrated at escape rooms. And they make me anxious. I don't enjoy timed activities. Deadlines worry me. 

I wasn't going to go join them at a hotel, although, I do love going to a hotel. 

And the third point, "some of her friends come over," kind of broke my heart. It's 9am on a Friday morning, her birthday is today... how many friends can you invite over with 7 hours notice. 

Me. I'm one of those friends.

I have not been paying close enough attention to the rest of the planet lately and didn't realize this was her 40th birthday. There was no plan beyond Henry's list. No party, no shenanigans. Not even one shenanigan. 

I mean 40. It's kind of big. So Henry with his amazingly big heart, wanted for her to have a great day. And I can help with giving someone a great day.

We didn't meet at the house, they decided we'd go out for dinner at the pub near the gym. So I said to myself, whelp... I've not been to the gym since before my dad's funeral. I'll go to the gym first for a little bit and then dinner. It's not a fancy place, so yoga pants and a t-shirt are fine. 

Dinner was lovely, Henry beatboxed and I sang a slow drip version of happy birthday to go with his stylin's. Great fun. Such great fun. Here's proof. 

Happy 40th birthday to a wonderful human, and thanks to your especially adorable monkey boy for making it obvious sometimes how much a part of your scene I am.

Digits below.



digits

exercise: 10/12 hours.  missed noon by a few steps, got distracted. missed 7pm while at dinner. 23 minute treadmill walk at PF. 7300+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9am: 168
4pm: 171
11pm: 186

food:
coffee/water
11am: pbj sandwich
noon: metformin
2:30pm: several slices of roast beef, some macaroni salad, some left over onions & peppers from fajitas
7pm: 2 slices of pub pizza, large salad w/buffalo fingers (ate only 1/2 the salad... too big!); 2 high noon seltzers
9pm: metformin+jardiance

No comments:

Post a Comment