Friday, June 28, 2024

A Night Out

It was quite a week. Part of me just wanted to curl up on the couch and veg, play phone games, do nothing. But. A friend of mine messaged me that his band had a gig tonight at a brewery right by our house. 

We've gone to see them a couple times, they are really really good. Basically all covers, jokes, old American Songbook standards mixed with the Grateful Dead. I let Doug know earlier this week, a couple times, because you know, you have to tell people six or seven times so they can say "oh, that's tonight?" Yes darling. Tonight.

Doug took a nap at 5pm, I wish I had, and when he finally got up we headed over to enjoy. They were breaking from their first set when we arrived so I got to catch up and chat with him, and we went and sat on the rooftop-level deck they installed at the brewery last fall. 

It was delightful. Perfect temp. Warm, not hot. Breezy, sunsetty. Just right. Lots of kids playing and big dad energy down on the play area. It was sweet to watch. The apartment complex next to the brewery has a small soccer "field" and we watched a kid work super hard to try and score goals and mostly miss. When he did score, he fell on his knees and rejoiced, just like the pros do. 

We headed home at 9 when they finished playing. Three beers was enough, and I am tired, yo. Tired. 

Tomorrow I'm going to my work bestie's son's 7th birthday party. This hopefully will be fun. It is supposed to be hot and humid again, very unlike today. Sadness. Fingers crossed the rain holds off. 

Digits below. Too tired to write much more. Goodnight!

digits

exercise: 12/12 hours. 13 minute inside walk that somehow my fitbit did not register. Rude. Another walk to the brewery from the parking lot. Another walk to the parking lot from the brewery and a train was going by, so we couldn't cross to the car. I kept walking around the parking lot. I timed it, it was another 13 min. Also didn't register on my fitbit. The hell? So rude. 8100+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:30am: 123
5pm: 123
11pm: 171

food:

coffee/water
noon: metformin; tuna salad on 647 white
5pm: apple w/pb
6:30pm: turkey on 647 multigrain; metformin+jardiance
8pm: cheeseburger, 3 beers

No comments:

Post a Comment