Thursday, June 20, 2024

Wednesday Holiday Short Work Weeks

I really loved knowing today was Thursday. I had to tell myself repeatedly it was not Monday when I got up.  And this evening I realized it was not Friday. I was all ready to sleep in tomorrow.

Gotta love having my brain fucked up by one day off and what is summer. 

It was an easy day at work. One call with a client and a bunch of questions by my team. Geoff got home from work and put steak fries on a sheet into the oven and microwaved pulled pork. Easy peasy dinner. I ate more macaroni salad than I should have. But it was so tasty. 

A friend of mine invited us to Easton to go see a bluegrass band tonight, but it is far. We've been there a couple times, if you remember the 2018 Crabs and Colleagues day that we went out on, that was in Easton. 

But tonight, and both of us having to work tomorrow, I had to pass. 

Today was hot. I went out at 10 and watered the plants and patrolled the perimeter with Miss Toffee. I ended up sitting out for about an hour at the end of the work day while Geoff was cooking. I had beer and didn't intend to, but it was kind of the perfect night for it. Sitting out and having a brew and reading. Doug had gone into the bedroom at 4 and crashed, so I finished working and did steps and basically just went to enjoy outside. 

Looking forward to getting through tomorrow's work day. Hopefully will be easy. Fingers crossed. I have to write up 2 bugs for the devs on one of our platforms and just didn't get around to it today so that's first and foremost tomorrow. 

My friend Janet texted me from The Sphere tonight. Super jealous of her and experiencing the show. I told her to call me tomorrow. I want her full review! 

Anyway. I took this picture of Toffee today while I was relaxing on the patio. Digits below.

digits

exercise: 12/12 hours. 29 min. indoor walk listening to a webinar (could have gone longer but i needed to monitor the QA chat); 7k+ by bedtime. Kind of feel it should have been more with the near half hour walk but. 

blood glucose:

9am: 147
4:30pm: 165
10:30pm: 229

food:
coffee/water
10am: last of the chicken salad (to get the container out of the fridge) about 3/4 cup
11am: Metformin
1:45pm: big piece of leftover chicken left over from last night and a little mac&cheese leftover from lunch yesterday
4:45pm: 6 whole wheat crackers w/pb
6:30pm: Aldi's pulled pork (very sweet) with a huge helping of macaroni salad
3-4 beers between end of work and bedtime, I think 4.
10:30pm: protein shake (after taking my blood sugar)

No comments:

Post a Comment