Tuesday, June 04, 2024

Oh, home. How I do love thee

Our flight was delayed a bunch and so we just got home at 1:ish on Tuesday.  We packed up our stuff and left it in the room, and went to go get lunch. At first we were going to walk over to the alley by Linq but we thought it would be extra time each way and heck, Guy Fieri's Vegas Kitchen & Bar right outside the door of our hotel. Boom. 

Food was great, the bartender wonderful. We had a super great time, good way to leave the place. 

Got our stuff, did the remote check out and key drop and took off to grab a taxi out front. Doug got a text while we were pulling up to the airport saying our flight was delayed an hour. Shoot. If we had known, we would still be sitting at Fieri's enjoying more of the Flavortown style. 

We were tired and didn't hit the bar, we just waited. Played pokemon, waited. That's it. Boarded. Homeward bound.

During drink service, we hit a bump and the flight attendant spilled an entire little bottle of Chardonnay down my leg. She was mortified, apologetic, and of course I'm like - honey. You didn't mean it. Cloud got pushy and made it happen. 

She brought the replacement drink for my seatmate, and I had ordered coke zero and 2 little rum nips. She brought me a double of what I asked for and told me there was no charge for it. "It's on me because that's on you." So ... four nips of rum all told? Yes. 

Alrighty then, I won't fight you on it. Thank you so much!

The people I sat with were super sweet. We had a long chat about everything under the sun. It made the flight go quickly and I enjoyed them. 

Getting the car went swiftly and we were out 

I do have a picture for today but am too tired to go get my camera from the other room. I have to go to the office tomorrow, do not want. 

After I fly, I feel like I'm still on the plane. So wish me luck with getting to sleep, oh, and where is my toothbrush. 







Monday digits

exercise: 12/12 hours.  Cheated on the airplane by swinging my arm and I don't care. over 8k steps by midnight

blood glucose:

9am: 154
n/a pm: n/a
1:15 am on Tuesday: 174

food:
coffee/water
11am: metformin
noon: lunch at Guy Fieri's, queso corn dip and chips, potato crusted chicken sandwich with coleslaw, some fries, 2 beers
6pm: coke zero and rum, snacky snack packs on the plane

No comments:

Post a Comment