Monday, January 30, 2023

A Journey into the Office

Oh hello. 

I write you today from a very shiny new laptop. I don't have a personal laptop. Well, I do - I have two. A windows laptop with a keypad that I hate, and a mac my sister gave me as a hand me down. I should switch to using one of those, to be honest. 

Life is just easy when you work on one machine. All your stuff is there, you never have to open up two or three machines to get to what you want. 

Anyway.

To get this shiny new laptop, I had to go to the office. So I got up this morning, early. Drank coffee, showered, blowdried and styled my hair (yes I did) found a blouse and dress pants. I sat down at my laptop to let the team know I'd be out of pocket while on the metro, and started to do a file transfer of my saved documents and images. I was a smart person. I put them all into one folder. 

Basically fell over sideways when I saw the time it would take to move the files into Dropbox. 15 hours. 

Oops. 

Now, I coulda been proactive. I could have purged/deleted/organized the screenshots and saved images, everything that I'd been saving for 7 years. But I just put it all in the folder. I figured eh, I'll purge it later.

But a 15 hour wait, oh that could not happen. Daunted, I closed up my laptop and headed to the office. I figured IT could help me. 

They were indeed super helpful, it took them about an hour to migrate the content onto my H drive, which I am not sure I have access to when I'm not in the building but, I'm not mad about it as long as the stuff is there. I just searched for a PDF document for someone, and found it in my drive. 

I should come back, log in, and just spend time deleting content, you know, if I can't do it at home. I hope I have access to this drive. We'll see. We'll see.

In the meantime, I had a nice meeting with our trainer Holly, I answered tickets. A colleague who lives in Brooklyn is here for her first visit, so I got to spend time with her. And another colleague who was working at a client location got a job offer for a job here, and we had a wonderful chat. Super happy he'll be on board. Such a great thing to hear today. 

Everyone keeps things secret at work anymore. When our office was in Boston we were all incredibly transparent. I wouldn't say we were all a bunch of gossipy hens or anything, but if there was news to hear, it was shared. So now I'm sitting on a secret and it is making me crazy. I can't wait for them to announce it.

Anyway. Lots of steps today, lots of walking. And that's a log of hours to transfer shit into the universe.

exercise: Walking. Walking. 

blood glucose:
8am: 166
7:30pm: 144
9:30pm 190 (too close to dinner really but I'm going to bed)

food:
coffee, water
10:00am: handful of peanuts
12:15: Roast beef & sauce on ciabatta w/pickle
1pm: Metformin
7:45pm: salad, 2 cluckpucks with shredded cheese
8:15pm: metformin+jardiance

No comments:

Post a Comment