Monday, January 23, 2023

Work Email Weekend

(forgot to hit publish on 1/22. This is Sunday's entry). 

Tomorrow morning I had my alarm set for 7:30 so I could get up and help move a site off of our content management system.  On a lark, I did something that I have stopped doing over the last month or so in an effort for work/life balance. 

I checked my work email. 

I had emailed the client on Friday morning to let her know I was poised and ready for her for 8am. I welcomed her back from her honeymoon (imagine coming back from your honeymoon and that Monday morning having to do a giant juggle of transition first thing in the morning!) 

She emailed me back very late on Friday night to let me know the migration was postponed. She apologized for forgetting to let me know, but the launch was moved to Wednesday at 9pm. 

Good thing I checked. Now I can sleep until my usual time, and I'm happy to help them out with the launch on Wednesday at 9pm. No harm, no foul. 

But now I know why I look at my messages. 

I finished cleaning out the junk drawer. I have no idea why my family puts beer bottle caps in the drawer, let's just say... there is a lot. Maybe I should think of a craft project to make with them. I could be crafty. And about 2 dozen packets of duck sauce and hot mustard were pitched. I kept the soy sauce because the little bubble packs are easier to deal with than the industrial sized bottle we have. 

I am keeping the bottle caps. Maybe I will make something after all.

Things are far more organized. no more searching for potato peelers, church keys, corkscrews. Bliss. 

I didn't take a picture, the shadows were too weird. Tomorrow should be sunny so I'll show proof of success. 

Still have the head cold. Today I made a lot of tea. When Jess moved out, they left several tea related things behind including 2 cute little teapots. One has a cup under it, and the pot rests in the cup when not in use. Today I used that for some Celestial Seasonings Peach Healing tea. Very good. And I thought of Jess a lot. I really miss having them around a little more local. When we lived in Massachusetts, Jess was a few towns away and I could just say "oh hey would you like to have dinner tomorrow for your Dad's birthday?" and we'd meet somewhere in between. 

Now not only is it Doug's birthday tomorrow but I have no idea where to go for dinner. I'm going to allow him to pick but around here, especially since the pandemic, things are closed on Monday and Tuesday and you invariably need a reservation for anything. 

So I'll have him decide, I'll make the reservation, and we'll go celebrate him. Geoff will be in school, so he can feed himself. 

Anyway. Disjointed, still spacey with the cold, if I didn't have some really important meetings tomorrow I'd call out again. Thankfully the arm does not hurt anymore from the Shingles vaxx. And if you're over 50 I still want you to get one. 

Here's the teapot. So you can like it too. 

digits

exercise: another day of not feeling great = no

blood glucose:
11am: 149
5pm: 152
10pm:182

food:
coffee, water, tea
10:45: a couple scoops of mac & cheese with ground beef - mostly for the huge amount ground beef.
1:15pm: Metformin
1:30: protein shake
6pm: 2 chorizo sausages in tomato sauce and mozz cheese. 
from 6-9:30: about 7 Oreo Cookies. 4 glasses of white 🍷

No comments:

Post a Comment