Monday, January 09, 2023

Banana Bread

I had high hopes for today. 

Doug had to leave to go to work at  about 7:30. I made sure he was up, getting a shower, and I went back to bed. Not that it is my responsibility to make sure he's up and getting ready, but still. I feel responsible in making sure he gets up and gets ready. My phone alarm clock has been the thing that gets us going in the morning. 

I heard the front door close, he didn't say anything. I had hoped he'd lean in and say "Okay! I'm off!" but he did not. The dog and I were cuddling and having extra sleeps. 

Part of me had big dreams about today. I had one meeting in the morning and a very light meeting schedule in the afternoon. 

I wanted to vacuum. Maybe tackle the Yoga thing again, now that I have a mat. I did neither. I did, however, bake a banana bread. I should have done cookies so I can finally send the last 7 boxes out to my friends who are waiting. I decided to make fresh chocolate chip cookies, so I went through the bags and removed all the ones that were in there. 

Maybe tomorrow. I think I need more butter. Maybe more flour. I have everything else. Doug also has wanted some oatmeal cookies - so I'm maybe going to get those going too. 

The banana bread, was so awesome that I had a slice, too close to when I'd be taking my reading so my blood sugar is a little high. 

I got my dedicated 10 in, put on a Guster mix and went for about 15 minutes and then Doug came home, so that was something? 

Doug is going in tomorrow too, so, I'll see what I can get done beyond banana bread!



digits:

exercise: Dedicated 10+5. Doug came home and I had to turn off the music that I was fancy struttin' round the house to. 

blood glucose:
9am: 163
5pm: 220 (thanks, banana bread)
10:30pm: 173

food:
coffee, water
10am: protein shake
1:30pm: 2 low carb wraps with turkey, avocado, cheddar, iceberg lettuce, avocado; metformin
3:30pm: 2 small pieces of banana while peeling off 3 bananas for banana bread
4:00pm: slice of Banana bread.
5:45pm: strips of grilled chicken seasoned with tajin & lime, sour cream, shredded cheddar (passed on the low carb wrap because my blood sugar was a little high. 🍷
6:15pm: metformin+jardiance
8pm: slices of banana bread
10pm: baby bell cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment