Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Putting Christmas Away

It is almost February. 

It is time to put away Christmas. 

Geoff took our little tree down to storage and I've been slowly de-stringing lights. I have a giant string of white lights that I want to add more to, and string through the living room if Doug will go for it. I'll pitch that to him tomorrow. 

Today in between meetings (yes, I had a couple!) I spent time boxing up the wee angels that Doug has had for many years. 

The angels range from 1976 to 1986, I do believe, and are a numbered series. Price tags on the boxes is about 9 bucks to 14 bucks, depending on the year. They are made by Goebels. And by the looks of it, they aren't super duper appreciated in value all these years. 

They are little ceramic bells, and they tinkle ever so gently. You can hang them from hooks and put them up on your tree as ornaments, but we like to just put them on the table or a shelf together.

I'm exceptionally careful with them, I look at each one, and their instruments, and wings. I loved having them out around the tree, they were so cheery and colorful. I'm bummed to put them back in their corresponding boxes, to sit in the dark until next Christmastime.  

Thanks sweet wee angels, you sure are lovely. I wish I spent more time with you this year. But I'm happy you were here with me. 

Oh - and we also have this Snoopy ornament from 1977. That was the only ornament I put on the tree. So Snoopy is in the box with them, and will keep them company. 

Digits below.


digits

exercise

blood glucose:
9am: 177
5pm:156
10pm: 215 (boo. big mistake with oreos)

food:
coffee, water
12:15: metformin
2pm: protein shake (i forgot to drink at lunchtime)
5pm: mouthful of trail mix; 2 thin slices of ham
6:30: chicken cordon bleu, peas 5 pierogies
7pm: 3 oreos, metformin+jardiance

No comments:

Post a Comment