Monday, January 02, 2023

"I can" is our mantra today

Again, a good sleep in. I woke up around 10:50 but laid in bed just relaxing, awake. No music coming from the living room, no dog pestering me to go outside. He must have gotten Doug's attention early this morning, and had his go-out and follow up go-out. 

I only got out of the bed because I had to pee. 

We both sat quietly in the living room, drinking coffee. Doug had started the soup a couple hours before I got up, so it was bubbling on. He said he wanted to take a walk and go to this new brewery that opened in the next town over, I've been wanting to go there too. Aaron called and we talked for like an hour and had a great catch up. I've called him a lot over the past couple months and he's been so busy we get a minute while he is commuting to or from work, or a couple minutes in between things he's doing on the boat. This was a good long chat, lots to catch up on. Lots of life and work and stuff. And I got to talk to his baby (age 2) and have a nice talk about lemon yogurt. 

After the chat, we ate the soup. I only ate one bowl. Beans have a LOT of carbs but they also have a LOT of dietary fiber, so I was a little surprised to take my blood glucose a couple hours later and have it in the 240 range. 

Especially after a good long walk.

But yesterday, I mentioned not eating has as big an impact as what you do eat, so, not eating until after 1pm without a breakfast, well, there ya go. Lots of math.  

I really don't want to go to work tomorrow. But the mantra of the yoga video is "I can" today. So. Tomorrow I'll think of that mantra... "I can." 

As for day 1 of the video, well, I didn't do a lot of the actual yoga, but watched the video and I liked it. I liked the feel and the mindfulness, I feel like if I tried many of these moves I'd need a spotter to keep me from falling over or hurting myself. To be honest, I'm distracted by her lovely dog Benji, and I would like to pet him.

Having the links to each of the videos over this span will be helpful. I can revisit, try things. Learn the poses and the moves. Some are way too hard so not doing them is fine. 

"I'm not doing it wrong. I'm doing it the best way I can for me." 

No picture today. Didn't see an opportunity. 





digits 

exercise: a good, long walk. Dedicated 10+??? 60? all through Kensington. Slightly slowed down by the dog but from 2ish to 3:45 ish we were out there walking and catching pokemon. Doug and dog crashed after. I did part of Day 1 of Yoga with Adrienne. 

blood glucose:
11am: 185
4:45pm: 240
10pm: 185

food:
coffee, water
12:30pm: metformin
1:30pm: bowl of 15 bean ham soup a la Doug
5pm: protein shake, 2 celery stalks w/peanut butter
6:30pm: metformin+jardiance
7:30pm: leftover pork, mashed potatoes, sauerkraut, pieces of ham

No comments:

Post a Comment