Saturday, January 21, 2023

Hot Tea, Cold Wine

My head is all stuffed up, my throat is sore, I am sneezing. Like, 4 or 5 times in a row. So unlike me. Usually I sneeze twice and am done for it. Today I woke up to sneeze. My body woke me up and said "hey, you gotta sneeze."  

After dinner tonight, I wanted a glass of wine. Sort of. Mostly I wanted something ice cold. Not water. But we didn't have any seltzer or anything I could drink, so wine it is. And I wanted hot tea. I wanted hot tea against my throat. I got both. And sat down to watch football. 

Alternating freezing cold wine and hot delicious Sleepytime Sinus Soother Tea, I thought about cookies. We still have oatmeal cookies. We have Oreos. 

But wonderfully my blood sugar was pretty great at 4:30 and so I didn't want to mess that up. So wine. tea. wine. tea. 


Doug's birthday is Monday and he is not going into the office. I am going to try to figure out where to go for dinner. For my birthday I didn't care so he picked a place. I'll see if he has a preference, or if we're just going to find a place. I actually think Geoff may have class at 7:30 in person, so we may have to kennel the dog. 


Not very interesting today. Sorry!




digits

exercise: none! didn't get the 12 hours of 24 steps. got like 2 hours. 
Most days I'm getting 4000 to 5000 steps. Today? less than 2k. And an hour nap.
i told you I don't feel good. sadness.

blood glucose:
10:30am: 177
4:20pm: 118 (hey now!)
9:45pm: 158

food:
coffee, water, herbal tea (sleepytime sinus soother), wine
12:15pm: protein shake, metformin
while cooking: handfuls of trail mix (w/some chocolate chunks in there)
6pm: buffalo chicken dip (roasted chicken, bleu cheese crumbles, cream cheese, red hot, bleu cheese dressing, cheddar cheese), some tostitos scoops, celery sticks
7pm: metformin+jardiance
8:30pm: wine 🍷
10pm: 2 oatmeal craisin cookies
(edited for honesty: 11pm several oreo cookies)

No comments:

Post a Comment