Sunday, January 15, 2023

An antiviral exorcism

It's wild wild wacky super wildcard football weekend so we didn't go out to do anything fun today. Or yesterday really. Watching the Miami/Buffalo game, I thought about so many friends I have who love either team, 

Geoff suggested chinese food for dinner so we ordered that. Doug has been a wee bit out of sorts today, upset stomach, cranky. I didn't let that stop us. Got a bunch of chinese food, and some soup. 

Dr. Bobby called me this morning and said that on Thursday he really wanted to talk me into coming down to visit after I told him it probably wasn't a good time. 

He's not contagious, the shingles virus lives inside us, so it wasn't like I was going to catch it from him breathing on me or me touching the kitchen counter. 

But he thanked me for opting out. He feels like he's been hit by a truck. He feels worse than when he had covid. 

He said everything hurts, he's itchy, he's cranky, all he's done is sleep 12-14 hours and be up for a little while then nap. Food tastes like shit and his stomach is killing him. 

He said he thinks the medication they gave him, the antiviral, is knocking him on his ass.

"Well, yeah," I said. "That medication is working on getting that demon spawn out yer body, son. It's performing an antiviral exorcism on your ass. Don't stop taking it. And this time next week you're going to be all better so, just fight that nonsense with sleep and if nothing else, tea or hot water and lemon. And more sleep. Let it do the work." 

He thought the concept of a medical exorcism was a riot. It kind of is. But, it's what we've got, right? Take your meds and fight your germs. 

We'll get together another time. 

Alright. Football, Laundry, watching my friend Pete Kilpatrick play a little concert on Facebook. He's doing 90s covers. I love it. 

No picture, digits, as usual, below. 







digits

exercise: nothing official but 12/12 on the 250 steps on the fitbit.

blood glucose:
9am: 177
5:30pm: 160
11pm: 224

food:
coffee, water
10:30am: left over eggs/milk from making geoff some french toast; 3 pieces of bacon
2pm: metformin; olives, cheese, salami, cherry tomatoes (snack laid out by doug)
2:30: leftover chicken thighs (about 1.5 of them total, Doug's dinner from the other day that he didn't eat)
5:30: chinese food: general tso's chicken w/broccoli, shrimp lo mein, spring roll, 1 beef on stick, 3 peking ravioli. 🍻🍻
6pm: metformin+jardiance
7pm: 2 chocolate chip cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment