Friday, January 27, 2023

I hope that helps!

I know that I've said it before. But, I am not a morning person. 

Some of my team members have kids and they are morning people, because kids have to get to school, and kids wake up early even if they don't have to go to school. Technically I believe we are supposed to start our workday at 8:30am but I typically start at 9 or a little after, and I work later in the day. I don't just cut out at 5. I have a rough time just getting going. Today however, we had a 9am meeting. Which meant I wanted to be up, showered, dressed, normal, like a normal person, by 8:30. Cheeks in Seat as it were.

2 minutes before the meeting is to start, the organizer canceled. Then my 10am was canceled. I felt cheated, I could have started much later but there I was, workin like a chump.  

This was okay, I had QA Work that had to be done today so I put my face in that. One of the clients messaged me about jobs in our org that were just posted, and with some great news that his wife got a teaching job at a Boston Charter School, where I have friends on staff, ironically. Naturally. I know this is kind of weird but I seem to just know people places sometimes and I love making those connections. They're flying to Boston to look at neighborhoods. We had a long long chat about where the school is, and where they should think about living. 

He's going to have to change jobs so oh, okay ... apply for one of these! Big long conversation about that. 

Then, a lunchtime meeting for caregivers focusing on taking care of our parents. The topic has come up a lot lately with my sister and me, so I felt I should attend. They're going to bring in someone to talk to us about Elder Care things like the Ducks In A Row binder, passwords to things, medical/health proxies, that kind of stuff. Stuff we all know and we avoid.

I had a meeting at 1. I had a short break and a 2pm. I realized I forgot to take my metformin and I didn't eat, because I went to that noon meeting. Shoot. My blood sugar was high this morning and still high at 4:30. 

Feeling tired, I plodded through the QA tasks, did a meeting with a someone to show her how I did something that she couldn't figure out how to do. She said "I did that! It didn't work!" And she recreated the steps I did and sure as fudge, it did not work. Register a bug with the devs. Why can I do it and she can't? Mystery. 

Got a snarky helpdesk ticket from a client who I haven't heard from in a super long time. 

Feeling annoyed I basically sugar coated my reply with smiles and "I hope that helps!" dripping off every letter. It's exhausting.

Geoff made dinner tonight. I tried to nap and missed the 6pm steps thanks to that. I almost had a whole week of all the days. 

Hoping for a good night's sleep tonight. We have a date tomorrow to go see The Tempest, and I've been waiting for months for this. I need to be awake aware and alive!!! 

Oh, and for my picture today, Microsoft Teams has a weird meeting view and I had to capture the view so you could enjoy. It is so ridiculous that I just had to get it. Digits below. 

digits

exercise

blood glucose:
8am: 200
4:30pm: 200
9:20pm 190

food:
coffee, water
2:30pm: metformin; 3 celery sticks w/peanut butter
6pm: chicken Mexican style a la Geoff
8:30pm: metformin+jardiance 

No comments:

Post a Comment