Wednesday, January 18, 2023

A Zero Day, Kinda

I didn't sleep at all well. Both arms were sore, and when I'd roll over it would hurt, wake me up, and I'd say "ouch." 

Phineas heard Geoff in the kitchen at 6:30, so he got out of bed to see what was going on, and he stepped on my leg. Another audible ouch. 

I got up to pee, I let him out and fed him, and when he got back inside he couldn't quite jump up on our bed, so he and I went in the guest room to get a little more sleep. Also, I knew Doug's alarm would be going off in a few minutes and I like to be out of his way for getting ready. 6:30 is too early for my brain

I slept very soundly for the next couple hours, which was nice. Had some crazy dream where I was an some office that wasn't mine, it was like a barn but it was still an office. A really cool office. There were a bunch of people I knew (like Lyn the bartender at a local craft brewery in DC) and we were watching Marco Benevento put on a rock show. 

They did a cover of Simon & Garfunkel's "America" that was all jazz funked out, with a crazy huge jam in the middle. The bassist Karina Rykman was like ... unreal. She always is. No one is more fun to watch on earth than Karina. I always say I wish I was as happy doing my job as she seems to be doing hers. 

Check her out with her Quarantine Quartet, she's the blond in the middle. Doesn't she look happy? Every time I have seen her play I just walk away with such joy. And she makes the bass guitar a primary instrument on a lot of her performances. It's nice to see. Really. And this is her scaled back in a little space. 

Anyway, I hit snooze for the entire 8am hour, until my phone got to the "no more snoozes allowed" setting (I think it's 6 times) so I knew I either had to wake up and reset it, or wake up and call out. I really debated whether or not to do that.

At my office today there was a concert with Indigo Girls. We had to enter a lottery last week, and I got a spot. And now I feel like a limp cold noodle under blankets. Instead of basking in the glow of the greatest female vocal/folk duo of all time.

By noon, I figured hey - I'll probably feel fine, right? But. No. 

I emailed the organizer to let her know I'll happily give up my spot for someone on the waitlist today. I'd hate knowing there are people on a waitlist and I'm holding a spot. 

And I missed the part in the communication that said they'd be live streaming the show. So. I could have watched from here but ... details. pfth. Missed it. I've got something to look forward to when it is posted online then. There's that. 

When people hike the Appalachian Trail (or basically any long hike) a day off is called a Zero Day. You don't hike, so there are zero miles. Well, I would say this was a zero day for me. 

Except I baked oatmeal craisin cookies. A double batch of the little stinkers. There's that. That's not a zero activity. I pondered if I should bake peanut butter cookies, but. I wore myself out and then it was time for dinner. I'll mix that up tomorrow. Geoff's days off of school are Thursday and Friday, so I'm thinking I can convince him to do the baking if I do the mixing. 


Digits, below picture of my cookie fest. It's a lot of cookies.

digits

exercise:

blood glucose:
9am: 188
5pm: 192
xpm publishing and going to bed. don't want to wait to stay up to test and blog. Will update tomorrow.
10pm: 230. Thanks, cookies

food:
coffee, water 
11:30: apple w/pb, 2 good yogurt, english muffin with pb. metformin
3:30pm: Oatmeal craisin cookie
6:45pm: Metformin+Jardiance
7:15pm: chicken parm
8pm: 2 more oatmeal craisin cookies 
10pm: protein shake

No comments:

Post a Comment