Friday, January 06, 2023

tk

Sometimes I think of blog titles and topics the day before. Or I think of a couple of them, I want to remember to talk about them, write about them, so I set up a blog post, and hold it in draft. 

Other days, I have no clue what to write so I set up a post, just to get the digits section in the content, and hold it until inspiration comes. 

In journalism, writers often use the placeholder tk in the middle of the sentence, or paragraph. This serves as a note to come back and edit the thing before publishing. They can then go on and write other parts of the story. Super convenient!

Here's a great blog entry from someone else that I googled for you so you can read more about tk. 

TK, or tk, or tktktk, however you want put it, as a reminder or placeholder can be dangerous. Recent obituaries online have had tk in the location where the placeholder is, because someone forgot to edit it out, or, they put what they wanted to say in another part of the story. If you don't edit out the TK info, and you publish your story, well. That's embarrassing. 

I've noticed that spellcheck doesn't alert me that tk, or TK, or TKTKTK in any way is a misspelled word. No red squiggly line. It can be missed easily in a hurry. An author or editor in haste may pull up a draft story or obit and edit it quickly to get it out the door. Folks should be super careful with that code. 

I use it a lot, when tired, first thing in the morning, uninspired. But as the day goes on the tk gets replaced  with a title, or something interesting. A day is a long day when you're trying to write daily. 

My tktk for the past couple weeks has been Doug's new job. He starts Monday. He was looking for months and found a position in the hospital, and finished his "old" job today. It's kind of sad, he was so happy there until his boss left. He thinks his new boss is much better, having met with her repeatedly over the past couple of months since getting the job offer. He has to start going into the office a couple days a week but he got a raise, and he's hoping this is the best move he ever could have made to stay in the hospital system and just change jobs, get certain certifications, and grow. 

So I broke the week's "dryness" as it were, and we celebrated. 

Oh, here's a dog. You can't hear him snoring during the meeting I was in with him here by me,  but. He is.


digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+11; 11/12 hours with steps. my 3pm meeting went long and I didn't get to get those 250 but. hitting these benchmarks!

blood glucose:
9am: 171
4:30pm: 150
10:30pm: 205 (cookies, beer. ugh) 

food:
coffee, water
10am: protein shake
12:30pm: bowl of chicken salad; no cranberries/apple. just celery in the mix; metformin
5:30pm: 🍺 Shirlee's Gin Barrel Aged Saison, from Parleaux Brewing (NOLA) that Doug has been saving since coming home. Served in a wine glass, fancy like that.
6pm: 1 cheeseburger, some potato chips, and I had a 28 g carbs bun.
🍻more high-level craft beer peach holiday saison from Waredaca. 2 "normal" beers.
8pm: chocolate chip cookies
9:45: baby bell cheese wheel

No comments:

Post a Comment