Thursday, January 12, 2023

Unheard Of

Doug has been leaving the house to go to the office this week at about 7:30am which is too stupid early for me to think about getting up and being normal and working or even just sitting here watching the news. 

I'm a big fan of one more hour of sleep. 

Yesterday morning he came into the bedroom after his shower and turned the light on. Sonofabitch. What are you turning the light on in my face at 6:30 for?! Open the curtain. You don't need to turn the light on, which is on my side of the bed, and pointing at my eyes, honey. 

Phin and I rustled, and he jumped off the bed meaning "time to go pee." I too had to pee. I let Phin out, went to pee, went to the kitchen, fed him, put the craisins in a bowl to soak (see yesterday's entry), let Phin back in the house, and we went to the guest room to catch that extra sleepies. 

It has been kind of cold, not normal cold for DC, so the guest bedroom door has been shut. Opening the guest room door was like opening the door to a walk in refrigerator. Thank God for flannel sheets. Phin followed me in, we snuggled up, and went right back to sleep. I didn't even hear Doug leave.

My alarm goes off at 8:30, and Geoff leaves for the gym right about then, so I heard the front door close. 

I was awake, but, still. Cozy. 

I have been known over the years to hit snooze several times before finally getting up. What usually gets me out of bed is the need to pee, but I'd already done that! So I snoozed. hitting the button a few times, until it was a little after 9. I checked email and slack (from bed!) and nothing was happening. I got up, put the 10 toes on the floor, went to find pants. 

And the dog stayed in bed. 

And he continued to stay in bed until well after 10am

Unheard of!

Phineas hates to be alone. If I go in the bathroom, he stands at the bathroom door with his nose pressed against. If he is asleep on the couch, and I get up to go to the kitchen to get coffee he's right up, after me, my shadow. My hemorrhoid. 

So I went back to check on him a couple of times, to make sure he was alright. He was snoring away. I walked in to get my phone, which I left on the bed. He slept right through it. 

He was a little surprised when he woke up. Found he was alone. Came out to find me in the living room. "Oh Hi, little buddy!" I let him outside, and he came back, slightly confused. Maybe relieved. Happy to be in with me. 

Here's a shot of the bean, zonked out. 

digits:

Exercise: Dedicated 10+20; 12/12 hours of 250 steps

blood glucose:
9am: 191
5pm: 177
10pm: 186

food:
coffee, water
9am: protein shake
10am: oatmeal cookie
12: metformin
12:30: tuna melt on 647 english muffin (not the most awesome meal). 
2:15pm: apple
5:45pm: 3 thin boneless pork chops; peas & carrots; mashed cauliflower
6pm: Metformin+jardiance
8:30pm: baby bell cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment