Friday, April 21, 2023

A Murder Mysterbee

I woke up at 7 for some reason. Well, I know exactly the reason. I thought Doug had to go into the office today, so I had an alarm set to make sure he got up. 

But he was already up, sitting out on the couch with the dog. He said his meeting was canceled, so he was happy he checked his mail before getting dressed and ready to go in! 

I thought about going back to sleep but I was up and wide awake at that point. Coffee time, thenI worked outside from 9-10:30, before it got too hot out. Morning time is delightful in the yard. There are lots of birds, and my neighbors have thankfully figured out their motion camera, so Phineas can walk around. It makes me miss the back porch office at the old house. I know if I move somewhere, or buy something, somewhere, someday, I really want an enclosed 3 season porch.  

The sun got bright while I was in a meeting with colleagues in Pittsburgh and Louisville, it made my hair look pretty and shiny, but after a while, I got was very squinty and uncomfortable with being out. I felt like I was glowing. It was time to come in. 

Coming up the stairs, and I noticed there was a pile of carnage under one of the steps. Three dead carpenter bees amidst a pile of sawdust from the step above. They were in various stages of ... being eaten.  Or at least bitten apart. Or something.

The bees have been fighting each other, but I honestly think they've gone mad and are killing each other. 

Now there are just two buzzing around. One kept dive bombing me when I was taking this picture.

I'm actually not mad if they kill and cannibalize each other, to be honest. Less stuff we have to spray, fewer holes in the stairs. Doug has sprayed bee killer and filled in the holes in the past. The less we have to do with this, the happier he will be. Bee. ha. 

Yesterday afternoon, we received several boxes. A banner day for FedEx delivery to my porch. C bought an umbrella for my patio table after I recently said it was too bright to sit out there. That came in two boxes. Doug said "but the leaves are coming out... we don't need this," and I said yeah sure but no. It will be helpful, and, it is nice. It is a very nice thing. And to be honest, even when the leaves are out, after 2pm and until the sun goes behind my neighbor's house, the table is in full sun. So. This will be wonderful. Thank you C.

We aren't setting it up until he can weed whack the paver stones, the grass and weeds have come up hard between them. You could actually mow the patio if you were so inclined. That has to happen first. Then we have to discuss if we leave the table at an angle, or if we put it straight. Where is the fire pit going? He wants it to go by the shed until we need/use it. I want it on the north west part of the patio, over on the grass, and stay there. The wheels are melted so it doesn't roll, so dragging it around the yard is no fun. As you can see, there's work to be done. 

Also, Doug had ordered a bed online from a company I'd never heard of. It came in three huge boxes and two small boxes. We obviously have to take apart our current bed, get the old horrible mattress and box spring. Then clean. Best to clean the room before putting something new in it. He also got a rug to put the platform on, it's grey blue. Super neutral.

Will go great with our white dog.

Wondering how complicated this will be. But it'll give us something to work on together. More work to be done. This will be a busy weekend.

Anyway, here is a picture of the bee carnage. I hope it isn't too distressing. Digits below!

digits:

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps; Dedicated 10 (missed the 6pm hour because I was busy being angry about dinner)

blood glucose:

7:30am: 171
5pm: 150
9:30pm: 190

food:
coffee, water
8am: 2 good yogurt
11:30am: BLT Salad with a can of tuna mixed in
noon: metformin
3pm: 2 baby bell cheeses
5pm: wine w/zero sugar ginger ale
6pm: metformin+jardiance
7:30pm: Dinner Fail (I'll blog about this tomorrow), 1 slice of pizza, 1 slice of stuffed cheesy bread w/feta & spinach. Macintosh Apple w/peanut butter; several slices of pepperoni

No comments:

Post a Comment