Thursday, April 27, 2023

And there we went

Doug had a 7am meeting today. So he was up, dressed, ready. Only to find out it was canceled because 2 of the important attendees were out of office. 

One thing that I have to say about my office is, people share when they are not going to be at meetings. They let the organizer know. The organizer then reschedules or cancels, but every attendee knows the day before at least if this meeting is happening. It sounds to me like no one lets anyone know they are doing something or have a conflict or are on vacation at Doug's office. 

Good meeting hygiene, super important! 

I headed into the office at noon, after a client blew a meeting (even though I told him, repeatedly 11am ET, 10am CT your time). I had a quick yogurt and Doug took me to the train. I was happy for the ride down but also pledged to myself to walk back on the way home. I think it is easier to walk there than to walk back but. I did it. 

We had a meeting at 3pm that went well. Bi weekly office hours. A lot of good discussion. It was fun to be in the office and I got to see a couple different people that I had not seen in a hot minute. I should go back once in a while. 

I do feel like when I'm there, I do not get enough work done. In all honesty. But it is fun to be there. Also, it is fun to be in the city neighborhood that my office is in. I really love it. And we had a great visit to a brewery nearby, a good friend/former co-worker came out and she's moving to Denver in two weeks. Such a great visit and fun. 

Anyway. Here are some bees! We have these two hives at the top of our building, and I always love to visit the bees. When I got there, a lot more bees were at the bottom in the blue part. I guess they either finished their workday or were off doing bee things when I finally came to took the picture.

digits:

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps;  and 2 dedicated 10s. Well, three really. 10  min from the metro to the office, 10 minutes from the office to the brewery. and the big one was walking home from the train to the house, a 30 minute total trip!

blood glucose:

8:30am: 162
Missed the afternoon reading
10:30pm: 190 

food:
coffee, water
8:45am: egg mcmuffin, 2 sausage patties, 2 slices of american cheese, one egg, 647 english muffin toasted
noon: 2good yogurt; metformin
1:30: chicken schwarma on wrap w/ couscous, onion, peppers and sauce of some kind.
6pm: beer battered chicken fingers; 3 beers
9:30pm Metformin+jardiance (forgot to bring to work w/me to take at dinner out)


No comments:

Post a Comment