Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Patio

Yesterday afternoon, I cleaned the patio table and arranged the chairs. 

I wanted to do a little work outside, brought my laptop out and it was kind of messy out there. I took two calls and resolved to grab a glass of wine, put on some music, and futz. 

When we brought the set home, we just kind of plopped it down, knowing we'll have to move it eventually to weed whack the spaces between the pavers and whatnot, move the fire pit. 

But it was so lovely out yesterday, I wanted to just sit out, so I spray cleaned the glass, put all the cushions on the chairs, spiffed things up a touch. Made it usable for a minute. 

Doug is pondering what he wants to see. My vision may not match his. Ya know?

He doesn't think we need an umbrella, I kind of do. But he said when the leaves are all out, it'll be super shady all day. Hmmm. 

He thinks we need to put the fire pit by the shed and only wheel it over when we have fires. I think I would like it on the grass at the edge of the patio. 

We also may need a storage solution for the cushions for when it rains. Things don't stay fully dry in the shed, so that's not the best option. Schlepping them up and down the stairs every time we need/want them isn't an option either. Doug suggested getting some sort of outdoor storage box from Rubbermaid. He's shopping around. It could turn into a whole big thing. 

We're going to turn into the whole big yard people, I just know it. And then it'll be too freaking hot to be out there until September. Just you watch.

I'm looking at the garden, and getting ready for the opportunities. It's raggedy ass out there, kids. I'm a big fan of not doing anything to the yard for a bit, so the pollinators can wake up, get fed, buzz about, so nothing is happening this weekend. 

We'll be in Philly, Doug's coming with me so while I'm at Guster he'll be at ... Doug things. Walking around, sight seeing, drinking beers. We have the whole day together on Saturday and will begin our trip home Sunday. A leisurely pace, as it were. 

Digits below.


digits

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250. Dedicated 10, and dedicated 10+2

blood glucose:
8:30am: 177
5pm: 166
9pm: 154

food:
coffee, water
10am: pbj sandwich on 647 bread (low sugar J)
12:30: turkey and cheddar w/mayo on 647 wheat bread; metformin
2pm: a lot of mixed nuts. and by a lot, i mean, a lot.
wine
6:30pm: 3 italian sausages, a little bit of cheese & sauce
9pm: hummus & crackers


No comments:

Post a Comment