Sunday, April 02, 2023

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I am sitting at the airport, my flight is at 6:10 and I have about an hour to kill. I've made a mental note to only fly out of Islip from now on, I had more time choices at LGA, but, security here is GREAT, and the Blue Point Brewing is right here so it's nice to sit and type, and listen to Justin Timberlake and John Legend blaring from the speakers above my head. 

On Saturday morning when SS&H were gearing up to leave,  Hen marched around the hotel lounge chanting "NO NO NO NO NO I do not want to go home! I want to stay in Funington! Funington! Funington!" 

He kind of doesn't believe us that the place is called Huntington, that we just call it Funington. I gave Sara instructions on how to get to the harbor. It was raining, she said she'd rather just hit the ground running and go. I was disappointed they weren't going to get down to the harbor after all. Henry asked me what a harbor was. 

"It's kind of like... a parking lot for boats." I told him.

"That does not sound interesting," he said. 

Well yeah. But it is kind of. And it's pretty. And it's nice to go walk around. So it's not that uninteresting, I don't think.


This morning, Linda and I were up and out the door at 11. We drove around town, by the harbor, by the house we used to live in until I was 7. A couple other notable spots. 

We were in search of a T-shirt for Henry that just says "Huntington" so he can have it for years to come. We struck out on shirts even though we enjoyed our toodleaboot, everywhere that Linda said she thought they'd have them, there were none. Luckily we got a lead on a store in town and she's going to swing by tomorrow when she goes to the dentist. 

We went to Ronnie's mom's house and then over to the cemetery. It is palm Sunday and everyone was there visiting putting these nice palm crosses at the headstones. We spent a goodly amount of time there, Mamma McD seems to be doing well, her spirits were high and she had a lot of jokes. 

After the cemetery, we went out for family lunch at a Long Island Diner. We do not have those in Maryland, and I was psyched to go and get my favorite diner foods. I had a patty melt that was kind of no good. Disappointing for diner food. I ate the meat and left everything else. I struggled with avoiding the Diner Chocolate Cake or Cheesecake slices, big as your head. Truly a struggle. Sigh.

Alright, time to fly! Talk to you tomorrow! Here's a picture from our drive about town this morning. Thanks for the fun, until next time, Funington!



digits:

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps, lost 1 hour on the airplane

blood glucose:
9am: 153 
4:30pm: 202
9:30pm: 182

food:
coffee, water
9:30am: scrambled eggs, 4 sausage links, mixed together w/hot sauce
10:45am: metformin
2pm: patty melt, pretty much just ate the meat. The whole rest of it was not good and I asked for no fries, got fries, gave them to my sister. Coleslaw 
4:45pm: metformin+jardiance; 2 beers at the airport bar
6:30pm: High Noon seltzer, chex mix, cheeses, mixed nuts (on the plane)
8:00: pb and low sugar jelly on 647 bread
9:45pm: thin slice of Doug's apple pie

No comments:

Post a Comment