Friday, April 28, 2023

The gloomiest rainiest day

I am glad yesterday was a great weather day for walking needs. Today, not so much. It has been raining cats, dogs, guinea pigs, and horses out there all day. I am very happy to not go to the office. 

My fitbit tells me (obviously) how many steps I get daily and converts those steps to miles. I walked just under 5 miles yesterday at 11,153 steps. Getting up and walking around the fifth floor to all the corners (including visits to bee corner) each hour I'm supposed to hit 250 steps and it is a piece of cake to do that in the building. Oh, walk down 5 flights of stairs, boom. Go to the bathroom twice in an hour? boom. 

The walk from the train to my house (and vice versa) is about 3/4 of a mile, more or less, depending on which streets you take. You can go longer, you can make it shorter. I did the exact fastest, because I was tired and I had 3 4packs of beer in the backpack. That gets heavy. 

When I moved here, walking that walk required me to stop repeatedly. This time, I stopped once to do a Pokemon thing. And it was nice to rest at the top of the one tiny hill one has to conquer. 

Today the goal is always to get the the 250 steps in 12 hours inside, and get to at least 5000 total steps for the day. Up and off my ass, move around, do a thing. Adding in steps when I've already done the steps for the hour. About a year ago, I think I was hitting 2 to 3k steps and now I'm not happy with myself if I don't at least hit 5k. I am pleased with 6k. Even more impressed at 7k. Yesterday showed that if I was still going to the office in person and walking at least one way to the train I'd be crushing steps all day every day. 

Kind of almost makes me want to go into the office regularly. But not really.

Not much to report. A normal work day, folded laundry, played phone tag with Aaron all day. Was thinking maybe if it isn't pouring we'll go to the farmers' market tomorrow maybe, kind of maybe? 

Oh and no pokemon walk today so I messed up a 14 day straight run of play. ah well. no one died, no harm no foul. Off to bed.








digits:

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps;  no dedicated 10

blood glucose:

8:00am: 153
4:40pm: 179 
10:30pm: 194

food:
coffee, water
9am: 647 english muffin w/ butter, peanut butter, low sugar jelly
noon: metformin
1pm: large-ish bowl of taco meat with a little bit of mac & cheese
4:45: 2 good yogurt
6pm: Metformin+jardiance; 2 bowls of chicken soup. Doug took my soup, extended it with chinese white rice and mexican shredded cheddar cheese. Surprisingly great. 
8pm: trail mix w/peanuts, raisins, m&ms
9pm: peanut butter, scooped out of the jar like an adult.






No comments:

Post a Comment