Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Up and Down

Doug went into the office today, his boss has been on vacation (she didn't even tell him she was away, that's how laid back his new team is) so he felt that he didn't need to go in while she was away. Yesterday they had a big confab zoom call, starting at 7:30am (doctors start early, yo). And then he decided not to drive in after the call finished at 10. 

Today he went in, he left while I was still sleeping.  

I got up at 8, when the dog came into the bedroom to cry because Doug was gone. Oh such a sad time when Doug leaves. He wouldn't get up on the bed with me, and, I had to pee anyway. We got up, got coffee, went out to the patio. An absolutely perfect morning out there. I played games on my phone, he sat behind my chair. Then it was time to start thinking about getting ready for work. We went inside, I got a shower and got my laptop. 

We went back outside around 9:30. I couldn't resist enjoying the day some more. 

No carpenter bees tried to kill me. Which was good. The other day I got swarmed by the little jerks. I had an 11am video call with a colleague who got laid off and her last day is next Friday, so I wanted to have some time with her and talk. She's sad and confused. We had a good cry together. That put me into feeling kind of a sort of way, so my happy from being outside swooped down low. 

A little while ago my sister texted me and told me to open up my FB messenger. I don't have notifications for that on my phone, because I have a friend who sends me all kind of random things at way late hours, and I don't want to put DND on my phone... so I just have notifications off for Messenger. 

I don't usually check FB during the work day - it becomes a distraction and time suck. So, opening it up I find she's sent me a screenshot another friend had sent her of another friend's ex-husband from the FB dating app. 

Oh dear.

He's in a relationship and put this ad up, with the world's worst picture (seriously he looks like a bridge troll in mirrored sunglasses), and his write up is all about how he's looking for a "fwb" (friend with benefits) and the "b" can be whatever you want it to be. He has some things he wants to "check off his bucket list" so he's .... I don't know. Venturing out? Not sure if it's with her blessing and knowledge but. 

Ew.

The write up is ridiculous... the picture is horrible. I can't even. So I told her to video call me, because, as they say, "I have questions." 

I told her that I really couldn't believe THAT is the picture he's putting out into the world hoping to attract a F to come have B with him. She said "I wouldn't fuck him with a stolen vagina and blame it on someone I hate."

I demanded a video call, so we could laugh. And we laughed. I had tears running down my face, just thinking about how hilarious she is for saying what she did, and how gross he is because he's gross. He's absolutely gross.

Thankfully, Doug is at his office, because I don't think I could explain any of this to him, why I think it is so funny, but it is. he would just sit across from me and look at me, blankly. 

But dude, it is so funny. So I flew back upwards again with the big laugh. 

Anyway. What a day. Here are some pictures! Digits below. Not a bad day!





digits:

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps; dedicated 10+5

blood glucose:

8am: 140
5pm: 156
10pm: 186

food:
coffee, water
9:30: egg mcmuffin, 1 647 english muffin, 1 egg, 1 slice of American cheese w/4 pieces of bacon and 1/2 avocado on the side
noon: metformin
6pm: chicken parm (a la geoff)
3 glasses of wine (edited - forgot to add)
8pm: Metformin+jardiance

No comments:

Post a Comment