Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Set Lists and Sunshine

I forgot to post a favorite picture from Huntington. After the Guster show, I got a copy of the set list, and we had a group picture taken. This is a prized possession amongst fans of just about every band. Sometimes you get a set list from the stage with notes on it from the band. Other times, you slide up to the sound board at the end of the show and say "hi, got any set lists?" A smart band prints out a few extras. Some bands print out one and the sound engineer looks down his nose at you and says "no. I only have one, and I save that for me." 

Then they take them home, and put them in a binder up on a shelf and never look at it again.

To be honest, I have a couple of set lists, not a lot. And I've not looked at them again, tis true. But I know people who go bananas to get them and frame them and display them in their homes.. I just happened to be coming back from taking some pictures that didn't come out good, and the show was done - I heard the Guster "the show is over music" (Jump The Line, Shake, Senora) so I turned and asked. Score. Lucky. 

We've got Sean and Henry, Sara and Me, Bill behind me, and Angela (who drove down from Worcester and was going to drive home and we made her sleep in the hotel with us) and Linda. Henry was a tired little pooper by the end of the night but still eeked out a smile for us.

Someone said I needed to get the band to sign the playlist since it was our home town! But that was not a possibility. They were in a private after show meet and greet for funders of the venue and we're not them. So I didn't want to bother anyone and we left. Maybe some other time. I'll hold on to it.

Not much to report today. Today is the very first day I could work outside for a while, the sun was a little brutal, and of course the table has gotten filthy since we brought it home. I'll clean it up, and show you how wonderful it is, tomorrow. But I made a bunch of midwesterners and north easterners jealous today by being outside. It'll last a couple days and then be 900 degrees. Just watch. 

Digits below. Weird 5pm very high reading but, that didn't stop me from eating a slice of pie. Hmmm. Pie.



Digits:

exercise: x/12 hours of 250 steps;

blood glucose:
8am: 191
5pm: 213
10:45pm: 171

food:
coffee, water
10am: protein shake
11:30am: metformin; 2 turkey and bacon on low carb wheat wraps w/mayo
5:15: slice of doug's apple pie (just to get it out of the way)
7pm: metformin+jardiance. One cheeseburger, no bun, 1/2 avocado, some crunchy cheetos, 3 glasses of wine

No comments:

Post a Comment