Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Mowing

I went outside to work this morning from about 10 to 11 ish. I had a check in with my manager on a video call. The sky is blue, the leaves are making their appearance, the temperature is perfect. Right as he and I ended our chat, the neighbor's lawn service showed up. Three guys, with 2 mowers, one small push mower and one stand-on and drive mower, leaf blower, weed whacker, chaos. I had to go inside. 

About this time I may have gone in anyway, or started my move-around-the-table process to stay in the shade. Leaves are not open, so the table is in direct sun starting at 11:30. And it gets better around 4, but, mornings are the time to be out. 

For such a small yard, these three folks had a lot of equipment, and took a LOT of time, and I was just over it by 12:30. Like, c'mon guys. Just finish up. And it would honestly go faster if you used a broom instead of a blower. 

Not to be cranky but, I wish everyone's lawn service came at exactly the same time once a week. Just fuck up my entire Wednesday morning, all together now. Pull that grassy band-aid off and be done with it. Tomorrow I'm sure someone else is going to have service, and then another guy and another. And then Saturday Geoff will mow our lawn. It will end in ... October.

No picture today. Just. digits.





digits

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250. No dedicated 10

blood glucose:

8:45am: 228
5pm: 180
9:30pm: 166

food: 
coffee, water
11:30: grilled cheese on 647 wheat w/ turkey. One whole avocado w/ 6 pieces of bacon, smooshed together as a spread (I made for both Doug and me, but he ate a bagel with peanut butter and passed on the avocado bacon smash. Couldn't leave it to sit there). 
12:30: metformin
7pm: metformin+jardiance
7:30pm: 3 chicken thighs, marinated in soy sauce, spicy sesame oil, green onions, garlic, lime. a lil'bit of roasted potatoes, a ton of baby peas
10pm: 3 tablespoons of peanut butter


No comments:

Post a Comment