Thursday, April 06, 2023

Vacation Day

 This was supposed to be published on Thursday. Sorry! 

Yesterday I decided to give back a vacation day I'd planned for today. Initially, I thought I'd be headed up early to Philadelphia, but, Doug decided to come with for some shenanigans, and had work to do today. I figured, meh. I'll just do my job too. Plus there was something that we didn't get to successfully do on Tuesday that got rescheduled for today, rather than wait until next Tuesday. 

Regretting my decision. 

First, Phineas got really weird last night. We went to bed, and he got out of bed at 10:30 and wanted to go out. He's been going out 2 or 3 times a night as of late, but usually makes it to 12:30 or 2am before needing to go. I got him back into bed, and he got up again at 11:45. I took him to the guest room, since I couldn't turn the light on to get him to jump up. I usually do that every night. 

He was panting, shaking, not sleeping, for hours. We went out again at 2:30, 4, and eventually he went to sleep. It was hot in the house, because when we went to bed there was a wonderful breeze going through the house, and that died to stillness at some point. I couldn't get comfortable, and I was worried about him, so much so I almost went and got Doug to say we should go to the emergency vet. 

My fitbit says I got 7 hours of sleep, which I doubt fully. I think I sat wide awake from 2-5 just watching him breathe. 

Today? It's like nothing happened with him. He slept a lot, I of course did not. 

Then, the thing we rescheduled to from Tuesday did not go well. It didn't quite burst into flames but it just wasn't awesome and didn't work out great. There is more work that needs to be done, and my colleague and I are both off tomorrow. We never should have scheduled this today. We should have put it to Tuesday. But I was completely excited to get it done. Meh. 

Luckily the client's website is up, works, and while there are some refinements needed, yeah. Additionally, they're wonderful to work with, and a blessing. I just wanted things to go right for them. Should have waited until Tuesday. But. At least things are out there and 80% perfect. 

We'll regroup Monday. And tomorrow I do not have to set an alarm. Doug turned on the air conditioner around 4pm and now it is cold out. Hopefully Phin will sleep comfortably, and I will too, and it will cool off enough here in the house to get a good night's sleep. Tomorrow is an adventure day!


No picture today, but more this weekend, I'm sure! 




digits

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250. Dedicated 10

blood glucose:
9am: 171
5pm: 153
10:30pm: 172


food
coffee, water
10am: 2 good yogurt (berry) 
12:15: metformin; tuna fish w/celery and mayo on a diced avocado
6:30pm: mexican chicken breast
7pm: metformin+jardiance
10:30: 3 crackers+hummus

No comments:

Post a Comment