Sunday, April 23, 2023

Sunday Fun Day

Today we had a mission. We brought the shirts that my friend V got in Boston over to my friend RCJ, so she can be ready to go to a Red Sox at Orioles game on Wednesday. So happy to have friends willing to make connections and dreams come true. 

I also knew this was a good way for me to assure I'd get to see her and the fam. It has been too long. 

We got there a little after noon, and A gave me a tour of the house. We then had some fun outside time, chatting with her and her husband, and playing. A and I have a great bond, he is going to be six in July, and we just click. We played pokemon on our phones and then did a pokemon battle in the yard where he was a pokemon called Poison Ivy with a shovel hand, and I was a pokemon with a bubble shark gun. And I think I won, but he kept changing the rules, the way 5 year olds do to guarantee they'll win. 

I then decided I was Snorlax, and he yelled "OH NO!" Because Snorlax just falls on his opponents while sleeping, and squishes them. That's his battle style. So he knew he was done for as I stumbled around the yard looking for him while fake snoring.

It was fun.

I sometimes forget how exhausting it is to have a high energy boy like this. Geoff was so much the same. I wish I'd paid more attention and played along nearly as well as I know how to do now. We got in the car and I told Doug "it's not even 2pm and they still have a whole rest of the day to get through with that much energy in one kid. Oh man."

We then headed over to Nepenthe Brewing in the Hampden neighborhood of Baltimore. We'd intended to get up to Hampden for a while, it's been about 4 years since Doug and I have been there, and the last time I was there was in 2019 with Linda after we saw a concert at the Hippodrome and spent the night at a hotel in town, and I wanted to bring her up there to have brunch and walk around and shop. It's a fun neighborhood, a little hipster, but still authentic and fun.

The good thing about Nepenthe is they have a kitchen, so we were able to get lunchie snackie items, and have a couple of beers while listening to Lord of the Rings Trivia. 

Pictured, me not hating a picture of myself, with a beer.

Afterwards, it was walk around Hampden. We walked down 36th to Chestnut and turned around because it started to rain and got very cold. Earlier in the day I noted that it was 67 degrees, and people were walking around in parkas and winter hats and gloves. Huh. Who knew they'd be prepared for 5pm? 

I was disappointed to see the Five & Dime Alehouse and Cafe Hon both out of business, because we would have tucked in on one of them to have actual dinner after our snacks at Nepenthe. Disappointment. Well, it's raining. And I'm freezing. So.

We headed home, Geoff had made dinner, and was just taking everything out of the oven when we came inside. Perfect timing. It was a really fun day. 

Here are a couple of pictures. Digits below. 

Two absolute classic shots to take in Hampden, the "hon" mural and the LOVE mural by Michael Owen. 






digits:

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps; missed an hour due to being in the car; dedicated 10 plus. not sure how much plus. But we took a good long walk in Hampden, Baltimore

blood glucose:

9:30am: 164
6pm: 155
9pm: 241

food:
coffee, water, beer
11:00am: Macintosh apple
11:30: slice of banana bread fresh out of the oven
2pm: metformin. queso w/ chorizo sausage and thin tortilla chips; 4 buffalo wings (beer)
6:30pm: nacho meat over a small amount of chips+avocado salsa and sour cream
8:30pm: 2 baby bell cheeses

No comments:

Post a Comment