Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Chicken Stock and Music

On Tuesdays, at least for the next couple weeks, both Doug and Geoff are gone early. 

At 7:50am, Phin was walking around crying. Like, dude, I'm here you are not alone. I tried to get him to get in the bed with me to settle down, and he wasn't having it. I guess we're up. I played games on my phone, goofed off, chatted with Linda about a game we both play that makes us both crazy.

I'm not a morning person and when I'm up before 8:45, it's a miracle. I have a routine, and with an hour extra to kill in the morning it's kind of like I'm flopping around and unable to kick into gear. So I decided I wanted to make the most of the time and got the chicken out from a few nights ago to boil down for stock. I discovered that the bag of carrots I had went south. Super slimy and gross. No bueno. Sorry carrots. I had a bag of frozen peas and carrots to throw in. Dicing up two onions, and celery it became soup. We have left over chinese food white rice, I could throw that in too and stretch it out. I wish I had a couple chicken breasts or thighs to grill up and drop in. Maybe I'll send Geoff to the market in the afternoon when he's back from lab.

It was kind of cold out today. We turned the heat on last night. It was 37 degrees outside. I'm super glad we have not put our garden in yet. Doug has always said you never do that before Mother's Day, so we haven't even prepped it yet. My neighbors across the street put theirs in Saturday, it looks like it's all a bust. 

Still gotta get him out there with the weed whacker to take care of the patio. And I'm looking at the weather, this weekend looks to be a rainy mess! Oh no. Indoor activities, I guess. 

Monday we're going to a concert with M&M. Coheed and Cambria. A band I am familiar with, know a couple of their songs, but haven't gotten into the whole scene. Sci-fi books, themes running through full albums. Absolute prog-rock/post-punk/American chaos. I'm looking forward to it. I know that when Doug and I agreed to go, we may have been slightly drunk. He seems displeased that this is happening but that was December talk. But we're all in, tickets are paid for. 

I'm looking into the venue to see if there is an upgrade to seating or VIP or something. 

My friend Debs from the Guster fam is also going to be there. This is actually her most favorite band ever, more than Guster so she'll see them at home Norfolk, VA and then head up to Pittsburgh. Monday she's driving down from Pittsburgh to us, and we'll see her at the show. I offered her a place overnight but she said she has class Tuesday and will power through and get herself home. She said she's done it a million times between DC and home. 

She's going to probably be right down front on the rail. I'll be happy for her. I'm sure it'll be amazing. Like with Guster friends, she's got a whole group of fans she's friends with, they call themselves Children Of The Fence (COTF) while Guster fans, well, we are Gusterrhoids. hahahha. I have a lot to catch up on, but they're doing one whole album in its entirety, so I'll focus on learning that. 

On May 17th I'm going to see Josh Ritter with Amythyst Kiah opening, with Sara. Sadly, I was offered tickets to see Frank Turner that same night but since Sara already bought the tickets I'll go with her. We planned it for a while, so I'll stick with it. Plus we'll pregame at the tiki bar on the end of the block. Good times!

Someday, I'll see Frank with the full Sleeping Souls band... someday.

Anyway. Photo of the azalea out front, freshly bloomed already turning brown. So fast. 

digits:

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps; missed noon because I was troubleshooting something with someone in another time zone. fell just short of the total 250 count. Pokemon walk dedicated 10+2

blood glucose:

8am: 143
4:30pm: 142
9:45pm: 142

food:
coffee, water
10:15am: 2 good yogurt
noon: 2 large helpings of BLT Salad, Bacon, red onion, cucumber, feta cheese, field greens, cherry tomatoes; metformin
12:45pm: bowl of chicken stock to taste how it came out (bland and sad, unfortunately, but I'll punch it up).
2pm: a little more chicken stock, still not happy with the flavor.
4:30pm: a little more chicken stock, veg is helpful but it is still bland. meh. 
5:30pm: bowl of cheesesteak filling (no roll)
6pm: Metformin+jardiance
8pm: crackers & peanut butter

No comments:

Post a Comment