Wednesday, January 10, 2024

File this under it could be worse

I forgot to publish my post last night, I took my reading and got straight into bed and didn't feel like getting back out. I was going to publish it this morning but scrapped it. That's actually okay because today is very much more exciting. 

Our electricians came and did a ton of work yesterday and today. Toffee made best friends with one of the guys. It was delightful. I now have external power outlets. I feel so fancy. Too bad it is after Christmas. Doug said he can't wait to put a giant inflatable dragon in a Christmas hat on the front lawn. I just want to put some nice little white lights on the bushes. It'll be the first time in my life I'll get that. But I get to string patio party lights out, and THAT is what I'm most looking forward to! 

This morning the guys were here at 7:30 on the nose. They replaced all the two prong outlets and brought other plugs up to state safety code, like the washer dryer in the basement, and the plug by the kitchen sink. 

Toffee was sad to see her new best friend go. They are BFFs.

Doug stayed home from work today, which is weird. He is usually out the door on Wednesdays at 7:30. But it is a good thing he did. 

Geoff came upstairs around 9, the electricians had woken him up but usually he's upstairs well before then. Well, usually he's upstairs well before then too, I should note. 

He came to me and started to tell me about his carpet in his room. It was wet. Not just damp but "soaked." In classic Geoff fashion, he wasn't getting to the point, but, eventually he let me know that this was bad.

I asked when he noticed and he said last night when he was getting in bed. Initially he thought it was maybe his imagination, but when he got out of bed this morning, it was like walking on a sponge, and, his bathroom was flooded. He apologized for not telling us last night but I told him in this case, there honestly would have been nothing we could do except be worried so thank you .... we got a good night's sleep. And we can deal with this. 

"I went through the 5 stages of grief while I was thinking of what was going on. And I think I've hit the last stage of acceptance," he said.

Oh okay. So I now have to start with denial and start working through, I guess. Right now I'm not yet at acceptance, but. Maybe still in anger. 

Not what I wanted to deal with any of this at all. I had completely reorganized the storage closet when looking for Doug's winter coat. It was pretty great, and I knew there was more work to be done but now. Shit, y'all I got work to do. 

The carpeting guy left at 8:30, there are three pieces of drying out machinery running downstairs. He took out all the carpet in Geoff's room, the small hall, and the storage room. He's trying to salvage where Doug's desk sits, and everything, everything, EVERYTHING is stacked up at the end of the big room, waiting to be repositioned, but first, gone through by me to purge it and make things less. 

It's really not good but, it could be worse. Right? I could be living in Hampton NH where it is absolutely flooded. 

In other news, the electricians did an amazing job, I love everything they did, and my exterior plugs on the front and back of the house. Now we just have to get through whatever's gonna be with the carpeting downstairs. 

And the boxes. Digits below. And more pictures to come tomorrow. 


Wednesday digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. 2k steps by 11am,  6500+steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

7:30am:  202
4:30pm: 168
10pm: 206

food:
coffee, water
12:30: pbj, low sugar jelly, oatmeal bread (higher carbs)
1:30pm: Metformin
6:30pm: marinated flank steak, broccoli, white wine
8pm: pretzels and sour cream french onion dip 


Tuesday digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. 2k steps by 11am, 6200+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

am: n/a - forgot to take my reading first thing, then ate and had coffee. Oops
4:15pm: 189
10pm: 229

food:
coffee, water
10:30am: 2 egg omelet w/3 pieces of bacon, wilted greens, cheddar cheese
11am: 2 more pieces of bacon
11:30am: metformin
3pm: bowl of plain yogurt w/black raspberries and a little splenda
6pm: chili w/ground beef and beans
8pm: pretzels & hummus

No comments:

Post a Comment