Sunday, January 28, 2024

Football Sunday

I have no dog in any of these races for the super bowl, I actually don't even really care about any of the teams. 

I will say I'm absolutely surprised that both the teams I thought would win didn't win. I for sure thought the Lions and Ravens would win, and well there you go. You have a 50/50 chance of guessing what's gonna happen. 

Disappointed that the Lions couldn't pull it off today. I feel like Lions fans must feel like old school Red Sox fans. So my heart to you all. 

And Baltimore. not sorry they lost, to be honest. Living in the North Of DC area, everyone around here loves the Ravens. And Ravens fans are horrible people. Just ... I mean. Mean ass rude mother fuckers. 

We once (note the once) went to a brewery up north of us and the bartender kept threatening to spit in Doug's beer because he entered the establishment wearing a Steelers hat. "You got some nerve coming in here with that swear word on your head," the guy said. Doug didn't get what he was on about. I had to tell him. Doug laughed, dismissively saying "hahah. yeah. I like the Steelers." And the guy wouldn't let it go. 

If I'd been the person making decisions, I would have paid for the beer, not drink it, and left. 

If you're going to talk to patrons like that, with nothing on the exterior of the building to let us know/warn us what a shitbird you are so we can go somewhere else, I just won't be back. 

And we haven't.   

My friend Rob also had an exceptionally horrible experience getting coffee one morning before going to work. He was entering, and held the door for a family, comprised of 5 Ravens fans. How did he know? They were decked out, head to toe, midweek, not football season. He had a Steelers sweatshirt on. And they gave him shit so bad. He didn't reply, didn't engage. And they kept going. 

Finally he said to the dad, the ringleader, "sir, how much do the Ravens pay you to treat fellow human beings like absolute shit? I held the door for you and your family. I let you go ahead of me in line. You must get a huge paycheck from them in order to just keep acting this way. "  

The guy said "oh we're just having fun, we're just playing, Toughen up, sweetie." 

that guy? fuck that guy.  That's an entry from 2022 you should go read, and bonus a beautiful picture of Phineas. sigh. Anyway.

It's not fun. It's not "playing." It is actually bullying and harassment. Model good behavior for your kids sitting there beside you. Stop being a goddamn monster. 

In the past several years, I've kind of shifted my views on sports fandom. I'm not as "rabid" into it as I used to be. Tickets are outrageously priced, fans are dicks, athletes are horribly overpaid, teams hold cities hostage and threaten to move their team (and they do!) if they don't get their way and get the billion dollar(s) new stadium where they want it. 

I'm not in love with this culture anymore. 

Still. I love to watch a good game. I thought for sure Baltimore would win, but kudos to KC for the "underdog" victory. I don't know if you are truly an underdog if you go to the super bowl like 4 times in 5 years or whatever. And again, Lions. You blew it actually. Winning by 17 points and you just threw it away with dumb decisions. Maybe next time. Maybe.

So what else is going on today? Today I did laundry, cleaned the bathroom, got some walnuts crushed to make more thumbprint cookies. I promised Doug that last weekend. I should commit. But I didn't get to it.

I did make myself go for a walk, a full/whole mile. It started raining so I hustled home. I actually thought about going another block north and hitting the pokegym at the top of the hill but it was getting damp.

I really should take my ass to the gym today. Skipping the past couple days I can feel it. I should really go. But I put my one good pair of yoga pants in the washing machine. doh. Isn't that the best lamest excuse ever?

The LLBean ones with pockets that I have need the waistband mended so they're in the pile in my room of things that require some love and attention, and I just never get to it (see cookies mention above). 

I've been wearing these nice capri length Spaulding ones that I got at Target about 6 years ago that I've shrunk down to where they're too big. They don't have pockets and I find that exceptionally annoying. And they are XL, but... baggy because I've lost enough weight to make them so, or because they're stretched out from being worn all the damn time. 

Which reminded me to go on Amazon and buy another pair. So I did. I only bought only 1 in case they are not the right size but if they're good, I'll get some more. 

Shopping online can be dicey with clothing. Instead of just going to the store in person and trying things on I run the risk of buying the very wrong thing. They'll be here Tuesday. And if I finally get around to mending the waistband on the other pair I'll have plenty of options, 2 with pockets. It's a Christmas miracle. 

My step count for today is in the hole, I slept through 9am, but the walk helped get things boosted up.

No picture tonight, I'm saving my Toffee pics for another entry. Details below. 






digits 

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps. Missed  9am, sleepin! 1 mile/26 minute walk; 6600+ steps by bedtime.

blood glucose:

10:30am: 160
4:20pm: 173 
10pm: 144

food:

coffee, water 
11am: last of the enchilada - mostly meat, a little tortilla. 
noon: metformin
6pm: bowl of rotini w/sauce and sausages, melted mozzarella cheese
vodka tonic

No comments:

Post a Comment