Saturday, January 27, 2024

Monday to Friday Struggle Bus; Saturday and Sunday Snuggle Bus

As mentioned in the entry that should have belonged to yesterday, I had way too much wine last night. I ended up getting sick, thank God for the small mop bucket in the hall closet that I managed to get my hands on in time. 

Before yakking, I spent about 2 hours doing the other kind of yakking on the phone with my cousin Jimmy. I had texted him to let him know we'd pinpointed dad's rescheduled funeral, and I wanted to make sure he and his family weren't traveling that weekend or something. My dad was his godfather, and he loved him very much. So Jimmy called me, and that boy can talk. And while we talked, I repeatedly refilled my wine glass. Forgetting the fact I usually put ice cubes in my glass to displace the liquid so there is a lot less, and, ginger ale. Three full goblets of wine later and I was not in a good place. Voof. 

I went to bed at 10. Which is a normal time, but not to have a bucket beside the bed waiting for another wave, and not fully clothed. And I forgot to take my bedtime meds. And yeah. I was a mess. Not sure what time Doug came to bed but I'm sure he saw the bucket when he turned off my table lamp. He hasn't said anything. And sometimes you just don't have to. 

Geoff got up at like 5am today because he is working today and tomorrow at his job, and of course if you have to be to work at 9, you get up at 5am, and you make all kinds of noise going from the guest room to the bathroom to the kitchen, etc. And then you text your hungover mom at 7:30 to remind her you're leaving to walk to work and taking the spaghetti for lunch. Okay. Have a great day. I think I woke up and fell back asleep 20 times. Toffee heard him leave at 8:15 and was instantly curious about the front door but I faked being asleep and ignored her until she got back on the bed and we spent another hour sleeping. 

Work has been so extra stressy, and I have a ton of stuff I was going to finish up last night that was neglected when we had two system outages on Monday and Tuesday. Now I feel like I need to finish them at some point this weekend before we go into next week and continue to be behind. But I should remember there is supposed to be work/life balance in life and I should do better at shutting off the work brain.

My colleague Brendan and I were talking for a minute before a meeting about how stressful things have been and he said he is really riding the Struggle Bus lately. "I've only cried one time today, so far," he said. I feel you. I feel you, friend. So I determined that Monday to Friday we'll ride the Struggle Bus but on Saturday and Sunday it is all about snuggling the dogs, so get on the Snuggle Bus, everyone! 

Take advice from Doug.


digits 

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps. Missed 1pm because I miscalculated. No gym. 4300+steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9:30am: 122
5pm: 151 
10:15pm: 218

food:

coffee, water 
11am: metformin; pbj on 647 bread
2pm: 2 good yogurt
6:30pm: doug enchilada (ground beef, cheese, tomatoes etc) 3 beers
8pm: metformin+jardiance; mixed nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment