Monday, January 08, 2024

Putting Christmas Away

It's time. 

I got everything up late, and didn't get everything that I wanted up. But it was something. Just enough. An electrician is coming tomorrow, and we have to move stuff around so he can get to outlets. And so the putting away just seems like a logical thing to do right now. 

I am going to leave some of the lights up behind me where I sit. They look super cute on zoom calls. But the tree is wrapped up, and the box of cards that I never got around to sending, well those are going in the closet. The sweet little angels that surround the tree, and the one ornament that I've put up the last few years - Doug's 1977 Snoopy ornament - those are safely stowed in the top of the closet. Cookie cutters are washed and boxed but i'm keeping the hearts and flowers out, as well as the decorating sugars and food coloring. Will do some February shenanigans and maybe ship those cookies out since I couldn't get around to the ones for Christmas. 

What I really need to do is declutter. I want to keep all the shit I have, I just don't need it sitting on the bureau or the floor next to the night table. I need to just get nice boxes, uniform in size, sort items, stuff shit in the boxes, and put them the hell away. 

Today I budgeted 2 hours in the middle of the day to just go offline and start cleaning. I had a list, I have a pile of stuff on my bed. I had big hopes. I got nothing done. I ended up working and walking around between work things. I really need to give myself permission to not work. 

So for tomorrow, I'll get up early I guess, and move stuff around. Strangely, I just realized I never got a confirmation call or email after I emailed them to let them know Tuesday was fine so, hmmm. Could be no electrician. But that's fine - it gives me more time. 

No picture today, so digits are below. 

 




digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. 2k by 12:30 (had a meeting that held me back from 11-noon); not a real dedicated 10 but a lot of movement between noon and 3. 7200+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:45am: 194
5pm: 174
9:45pm: 207

food:
coffee, water
noon: 2 english muffins filled with tuna salad (I basically ate 2 cans of tuna salad because doug didn't want any). Metformin
6pm: Doug fried rice: reconstituted chinese take out rice, diced pork roast, veggies, soy sauce, ginger, eggs
7pm: metformin+jardiance
white wine

No comments:

Post a Comment