Friday, January 05, 2024

Thankfully Friday

Oh my. We made it. A short work week that felt like a long year. It was a challenge. But here we are. I hope you made it too. 

I didn't have a lot of meetings today, but had a lot of communications tasks, and so I took a lot of breaks. Toffee got two good run-arounds outside. I find if I go out and walk around the house 3 or 4 times every couple hours, she runs around 6 or 7 or 9 and comes back in to nap. 

We played stick and fetch and run and play. So today that was at 11 and again at 2.  Today the weather was perfect. No wind, not too cold, light jacket. Perfect.

She got after some squirrels in a tree and it was funny, they were screaming at her to leave them alone and she wanted at them in the worst way. She sits on the guest bed for a long time sometimes, looking out the window at the bird feeder and patio table. The birdies and squirrels are fascinating to her. And sometimes I look up and she's not here in the livingroom, so I walk to the guest room door to see her there, just still and quiet, watching her favorite show.

Doug worked until almost 6, which is unlike him, but on Friday afternoons he tends to get stuff thrown over the fence and it needs attention. So then he has meetings and discussions and in order not to be working over the weekend, he puts in the time. I had a call from 4-5 and so Toffee didn't get a real good walk. I shut my laptop at 5:05 and we went outside for another spin around the house, and she knows what time it is so she tears ass back and up the steps. 

We had big dog playtime since she didn't get a proper walk before dinner. Doug went to bed at 9. Which is weird for him, but he's actually just in there reading quietly. 

I thought about putting the dog in the bedroom and taking myself for a walk, until I stepped outside with her at 9:45 and it was rather cold. We're supposed to get some weather this weekend, and some of you are supposed to get a lot more than we are supposed to get so I'm watching with interest from a distance. 

After I came back in, I thought about the big project I need to do asap in cleaning up the basement. We let it get out of control, and now things need to be boxed and reorganized, but I went down, looked at it, and came back up. The best I could bring myself to do was load the dishwasher. 

Electricians are coming on Tuesday. So I need to do some moving of items away from walls, and things as such. I feel like if I had two people helping me it would go faster. Cough cough. But no one is interested in helping me. Hell, I'm not even interested in helping me, to be honest. 

Anyway. here's Toffee from earlier today. Ignore that splinter in her mouth - she spit it out right after I took the picture and she is unharmed and fine. She's just a monster chewer of branches and sticks. 

I thought about photoshopping it out or something but. Meh.

digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  2k before 12. 6500+ by bedtime

blood glucose:

9am: 167
5:30pm: 161
9:30pm: 160 (note: one reading was 140, another was 221, so I took a third for 160. I do not like the wide variety of results sometimes).

food:
coffee, water
9:30am: one giant & 2 small christmas cookies to dip in coffee
11am: pizza cheese; metformin
1:30pm: left over pork roast, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes
6:30: roasted pork and beans soup, 2 slices of dark pumpernickel bread, white wine
8pm: large celery stalk w/pb


No comments:

Post a Comment