Thursday, January 18, 2024

It's a French Onion Soup kinda day

When it is cold and dreary I like to make stock or soup. It makes the house smell good and puts moisture into the air. I like that. 

It's some work to do this, and I enjoy it when I'm not frazzled by work. I started the onions at about noon, and let them simmer down, put the wine atop them and then let that go for a while. I had a call at 1, 2, and 3, but was able to just let it all sit there on low heat and do magical things. 

A long time ago I did a post on how to do Bread Bowls for the FOS but since have been using crocks that I got on super deep sale from sur la table, since I don't eat as much bread these days. But re-reading that post made me long for some bread bowl action.

I had a lot of meetings today, and I was going to go to the gym but Geoff took forever to get back and by then I'd had wine.

Before and After pictures. Apologies for the shadow. 


digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  dedicated 10 during a meeting; 5500+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:30am: 188
4:30pm: 165
10pm: 197

food:
coffee, water
10:15am: pb&j on 647 italian w/bonnie maman's black raspberry preserves (we're out of the low sugar stuff).
4:30pm: small piece of french bread w/butter (makin' croutons for FOS)
white wine
6pm: bowl of french onion soup w/melted havarti
8pm: ramekin of mixed nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment