Sunday, January 21, 2024

Quietly Sunday

Wishing I took more time off because I still don't feel like working tomorrow. Dreading it already. I kind of wish that Doug and I went away this weekend for his birthday. It's on Tuesday and during the week birthdays are hard. He's in his usual winter blahs. Today I decided I wanted to go to the market before football time, and he said "are you feeling okay?" kind of making a joke about me going to the gym. I told him I feel great and he could too if he came to the gym with me. It could be fun. And he made some more harumphy noises as I walked out the door to head out. 

I did the treadmill and recumbent bike, and then decided to use the machines. All of the ones in front of the section I was in were upper body ones and I treated myself gently and set everything to 10 or 20 pounds, anything more than that was an outright challenge. I'll build my way up. 

We watched football this afternoon, I made buffalo chicken dip and we ate it early, it was supposed to be a snack but the three of us killed the whole thing and there then was no need for dinner. Doug got a little hungry and I'd bought Geoff some pizza rolls the other day, so he popped those in the oven. I contemplated an apple and peanut butter but. Meh. These were there. 

I talked to Linda for a while this morning too as we're trying to figure out our next visits north. We have Guster concerts in March, and then in April I'm going to go see David Sedaris with my girl C and friends. So we'll dovetail some Shirley time in there. 

That's about it. Here are some pictures. Dinner and Doggo. Good night. 


digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  1 mile on the treadmill (27 min); 4 miles on the recumbent bike (22 min); 6 upper body machines w/10 reps at 10 to 20 lbs depending on the angle of doing. 8700+ steps by bedtime 

blood glucose:

9:30am: 188
3:35pm: 155
10pm: 160

food:
coffee, water
noon: metformin
3:45pm: pbj on 647 bread
4:30pm: buffalo chicken dip w/ celery, tostitos scoops, pita chips; 2 beers
6pm: metformin+jardiance
7:30pm: about 10 pizza rolls, another beer

No comments:

Post a Comment