Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Happy Happy Birthday

Today is Doug's birthday. He doesn't use the social medias and he pretty much keeps to himself when it comes to the internet. I think if it wasn't for me, no one would know he exists. 

He ordered himself (and Geoff) a new phone and is quietly across the room from me following instructions to set it up. 

Here's a shot from last year, one of the few times we've ever gone to the same restaurant in DC twice. Once in 2019 and again last year. This year, he picked a spot in Bethesda, owned by the same company. He enjoys Oysters, and they were, according to him, fantastic. And our meals were also fantastic. a beautiful trio of scallops for him, and a slab of gorgeous Atlantic Salmon for me. Geoff had Steak Frites, and didn't share. I didn't take his picture tonight, I was sitting beside him. I also didn't ask for a candle in his desert because I know he prefers not to make a big deal. 

It was a great night out. Now I want seared salmon on the grill every damn day. Doug and I are gonna have to make a trip to the Wharf to get some fresh fish and scallops.  

Today I was going to bake thumbprint cookies for him, but work was just another day of out of controlness. I was lucky to turn over some comms and close the circle thanks to my coworkers when I told them we had dinner reservations and I had to go put on pants and leave. I didn't get to go to the gym either, even though I had a block of 90 minutes in the middle of the day that I could have given to myself. Nope. Everything was broken. 

I'm hoping tomorrow is peaceful and quiet, and I can bake him a little something for his early birthday tomorrow. Because every day that isn't your birthday is your early birthday. 

digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.   2k by 2pm; no gym visit due to work and going out to dinner 5200+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9am: 156
5pm: 142
9:30pm: 201

food:
coffee, water
10:45am: English muffin w/pb and 4 fruits bonnie maman's preserves
11:30am: metformin
12:45pm: the last of the tuna casserole
6:30pm: duck nachos, pan seared salmon over spinach & carrots; dulce de leche cheesecake, 2 glasses of wine (really 1 the size I'd pour)
8pm: metformin+jardiance; white wine
9:30pm: pbj sandwich on 647 bread

No comments:

Post a Comment