Saturday, January 13, 2024

Today I did a thing

I had procrastinated the hell out of an important task and decided to grab it by the short hairs today and do the thing.

Backstory: I had reserved a hotel in Toronto for Jess as a christmas gift, and when I reserved it, the confirmation said that they needed to present my credit card. So no. They most certainly would not be able to do that. 

I called the hotel and they emailed me a PDF to fill out and fax back to them

I thought to myself there is no fucking way this is the best way to do this. I downloaded and printed the form and said alright, okay. They're checking in on the 19th of January so I just have to get my shit together and find a fax machine. 

Find.
A.
Fax.
Machine.

Freakin' Heck. So I knew I could go to staples to send a fax, and there is one about 3 miles north of me so around 5pm, I put on clothes, I filled out the form, I got my sneakers. And I went. 

I had to call first to tell them I was faxing the form, and that in and of itself was shit. The AI automated attendant, that fakes how humans speak with pauses and questionny tones, made me irate and I kept saying I need to speak to the office, the manager, "but okay what are you trying to fax? Is it a resume? Are you applying for a job?"

No you robot bitch it is a picture of my fucking foot that I'm about to shove down the throat of whoever decided to put you in charge of GATEKEEPING me from getting to the solution I need.

Eventually I got a human and she told me that they've switched from this PDF Fax form process, and she'd email me a secure and safe form to fill out. 

Well for happiness' sake fuck yes, thank you. So I now have to fill this shit out. I'll do that later tonight. After football. 

While I was at it at Staples, in the plaza next door there is a fresh, brand new Planet Fitness. Waiting for me. 

I'd been hoping they'd put one down in this area. The one Geoff goes to is a bitch to get to, but he loves it there and it is open 24 hours, so, if he wanted to go at 2am well, have at it, bro. 

For me, I hate going places. I hate driving around here. I hate anything further than a mile away. I'd wanted them to put a PF in the plaza right by Target and where we grocery shop, There is one in downtown but you have to pay to park, and even if I took the metro one stop, I'd have to pay for that and then walk like a half mile to the gym so why bother. I could just walk around here and sweat my ass off.

Getting this one 3 miles from the house is acceptable. And they just opened last week. 

And I went. I did the thing. I went to send a fax that it turned out I didn't have to, but without having to do that, I wouldn't have done this. 

Hello Dedicated 10 plus whatever. 

The thing is about me, is if it is too cold, or too hot around here, I won't be going out for a walk. Doug walks the dog almost every day. He doesn't care if it is hot or cold, he goes. But your Princess Chrissie, well she don't. She don't. 

A return to the dedicated 10 and then some. Here we go. 

digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.   Dedicated 15 at planet fitness treadmill 7000+ by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:30am: 208
6pm: 211
10pm: 206*

food:
coffee, water
11am: scrambled eggs, shredded cheddar, 4 pieces of bacon, onions, red pepper. "Cheesy Scramble," as it were (I made breakfast burritos for the boys and the wraps were not low carb so I skipped a wrap for me).
12: metformin
6pm: bowl of left over pork and bean soup; 2 pieces of cornbread, red wine
*10pm: metformin+jardiance (forgot to take with dinner!)
10pm: trail mix and slices of a brick of swiss cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment