Saturday, January 20, 2024

Get Your Flowers

Recently I've written about how I don't stand in line for anyone, but I did for Mad Science Brewing. And I don't get up early on a Saturday morning for much, but I have and will do it again. 

This morning Henry had his piano recital. In May, it was at 9:30am, but today because he has advanced to the next level it was at 11:45am. Happily, I was up in plenty of time, Doug did snow removal, and I even put on dress pants and a blouse and went to see my buddy play Hall of the Mountain King (or a little bit of it). He did amazing. And to be honest, all the kids were amazing. And I was a little envious because to be honest, I think I'd love to go back to playing music, and taking lessons. I've always wanted to return to third grade and re-learn the violin. Or pick up the flute again. Or do something completely different and start guitar or cello. 

I brought Henry flowers and explained to him that in life a lot of times we say to each other you deserve flowers. You get your flowers. I'm sending you flowers with my words of praise and encouragement. But here he got his flowers. 

He's not my kid, he's not my blood or family, but I'm a huge fan. I admire him and how he thinks and the amazing way he perceives the world. I would give him all the flowers. 

Today was a good day. 

After the recital, we all went to lunch and it was next door to my gym, so I had no excuse. I packed a bag with my change of clothing and tapped out of lunch a little early so I could go and get something in befor the 4:30pm football game. 

I talked to my girl C and her friend on the phone for a half hour while on the treadmill. Then I went to the recumbent bike and did 3 miles while listening to the Avett Brothers and waving my arms around to get "steps" on my fitbit. I know that if I just pedaled it wouldn't measure the exercise. So I have a system for counting steps. 

And um, no. It is not cheating. shut up. 

I went to the store to get bleu cheese crumbles and salad dressing for Buffalo Chicken Dip. When I got home, Doug had already started dinner so I put the ideas of dip aside for tomorrow. No worries there - we'll save my plans for Sunday. It was a very good day all told. 

Here's me and Hen. With Flowers.


digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  1 mile on the treadmill (32 min) 3 miles on the recumbent bike (16 minutes); dedicated "a lot" 11,000+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9am: 166
5pm: 170
10pm: 176

food:
coffee, water

9:45: english muffin w/pb & apricot bonnie maman's preserves
11am: Metformin
1:30pm: bowl of crab soup, 3 tiny square pizza slices; 2 high noon cherry seltzers
5:15pm: kielbasa, pierogies, sauerkraut, vodka tonic/s; white wine
8pm: big bowl of trail mix (like, more than I shoulda)

No comments:

Post a Comment