Monday, January 22, 2024

It Never Fails

All my afternoon meetings were canceled, so I decided to go to the gym at 4pm. I couched it as I would be running errands (I did have to stop at the market) but I wanted to do my treadmill and biking. I wanted a "leg day" too with the machines. 

While I was on the treadmill, my phone was blowing up with Slack messages and discussions about some things going sideways and breaking. I communicated with the team and people were running with the situation, I didn't feel the need to just drop the workout and run. I got 4 miles on the bike while voice-messaging and then spell checking everything before sending to make sure the words were right. Gotta make sure the words were right. 

I headed home, and picked up the conversations with the team. We all worked on the problem, I told 2 people to go get their work/life balance and that I was on it for the team. 

Things got wrapped up around 8:30, success! 

But honestly, it never fails. If I want to do something for myself things break. And I can't go and enjoy myself. At least most of what I had to do was type and listen and .... drink wine. And make dinner while everything was going sideways. We survived. And now I feel like I more than made up for the time I was away from the computer. 

Tomorrow is Doug's birthday, and he picked where he wants to go for dinner. Geoff is working until 5 so we'll get him and bring him back here to get dressed, and then head out. 

If I'm going to the gym? Maybe I have to .... ugh Get up early? Checking my schedule to see what the morning looks like.  


No picture today, but digits below. 






digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  2k before noon; 1 mile on the treadmill (26 min); 4 miles on the recumbent bike (20 minutes); 8600+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:30am: 168
5:30pm: 178
10pm: 176

food:
coffee, water
10:15: english muffin w/pb and Bonnie maman's apricot preserves
noon: bowl of mac & cheese w/bacon; metformin
6pm: 3 bowls of tuna casserole (too much but yum it was so good!)
7:30pm: metformin+jardiance
red wine

No comments:

Post a Comment