Wednesday, January 24, 2024

So Busy at the Gym

Tonight I went to the gym at 6pm. Note to self, that's too late. The place was packed. I ended up just using the the bike, and not doing the treadmill. Basically every single treadmill was occupied, and I didn't feel comfortable slipping in on an empty one between high school boys running at 7 miles an hour to walk at 2 miles and hour while watching Guster videos on my cel phone. Why couldn't 7 high school athletes get on the treadmill next to each other. Gah. Who needs the fat lady in between. Damn young'ns.

None of the recumbent bikes were in use, so I was comfortable being alone in that row of machines. After I biked, I noticed all of the arm and leg machines were being used also. So I bailed and headed home. Plus, I was hungry for dinner.

Also, 6pm getting home at 7, Geoff was pacing the cage for me to get home so he could go to the gym (the other gym, across town). 

Doug was on the phone with Jess, and then his mom called so he talked to her too. it felt like 9 hours later by the time they were done talking. Doug's mom can hold quite the conversation about everything from the weather, to how the mail isn't arriving on time anymore and it is sad, to the Steelers' season and who will win the Super Bowl, and what's wrong with princess Kate and why is she in the hospital. If you like talking about everything under the sun. 

Today's workday was nowhere near as crazy as the past two, which was very much a relief. But not uncrazy enough for me to leave to go to the gym at a normal hour. 

I did make a banana bread though, and a wonderful lunch, and got some things organized. It felt nice to be somewhat relaxed after the past couple. 

Anyway. Here's my dog. that's her back leg touching her face. She's some sort of pretzel baby. And she was sleeping with her eyes open. Just like Phineas used to. 

Freakdog. 

And digits below. 

digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. 2k by 2pm; 6 miles on the recumbent bike; 7100+ steps by bedtime (would be a lot more steps if I got on the treadmill but I did swing my arm while biking, which technically is cheating the fitbit. Ha.)

blood glucose:

8:30am: 191
6pm: 181
11pm: 180

food:
coffee, water
11am: Metformin
12noon: tuna melt quesadilla: 1 whole wheat low carb tortilla, shredded colby jack, 4 slices of bacon, generous tuna fish serving
7pm: metformin+jardiance, 2 chicken patties+american cheese, some tater tots, 1.5 rolls (fed some of the rolls to the dog)
red wine

No comments:

Post a Comment