Wednesday, March 13, 2024

A kind of gorgeous day

Oh today. Weren't you lovely? The forecast was for cloudy but 70s. And I like that. These are the days. And the next probably 2 weeks are going to be perfect. I'll then go to Massachusetts for a couple weeks, come home and it'll be intolerably hot and miserable in mid-April. I'll be intolerably hot and miserable until October. 

So I'm going to soak it in and enjoy what I can.

At about 2pm I went out and cleaned off part of the top of the patio table and worked outside until my battery was close to dying on my laptop. I took a meeting with a client in eastern Washington State who was socked in with snow, from my backyard. And I didn't hate it. 

I wore flip flops today. I walked laps around the yard with Toffee, just like I used to with Phineas. She had a big ass stick and ran past me repeatedly, whacking my calves. Ouch. But also, yay. 

It was a really nice day. Very busy but lots of fun. Got a lot done. Started thinking about getting ready to do garden junk. 


After he was done working, and Geoff was home from work, Doug decided since it was so beautiful out we should all go to the local brewery. 

I didn't want to take the dog, because it is exhausting. She needs more training. But. He wants to socialize her more. 

Okay but I'm just being the go get the beer person, you be the keep the dog semi-under control person. 

We left after two beers because it was just too much with her. We didn't think we could get sandwiches or food truck stuff and enjoy eating. I was slightly disappointed but also ready to go. The place was packed, lots of screaming children. Several other dogs, including a gorgeous golden retriever named Fern who I want to hang out with every day.

Near the train station where we park, there's a dog park so we checked it out. It is a good size, needs more shade because I can just imagine this place in June/July/August/September heat. We had the place to ourselves and she enjoyed running around and chasing a ball. 

I took a bunch of pictures there, I think I'll save them for tomorrow's entry because it is so time for bed. 

Digits, below. 








digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  no exercise really but short walks to and from the parking area to the brewery. 7500+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:30am: 189
5pm: 154
10pm: 208

food:

coffee/water 
11am: Metformin 
12pm: bowl and a half of left over doug's cream of chicken soup
7pm: meatball sub (I ate the bread). 2 beers at the brewery. Metformin+Jardiance
8pm: 2 beers at home


No comments:

Post a Comment